free website stats program Short Windshield for /Ultra | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Short Windshield for /Ultra

Heard that ClearVue recurve also may be available with discounted slight blems versions as an alternative. WindVest does have good workmanship, just expensive (more so than even stock HD windscreens), being as price was stated as a prime selection factor.

Definately a klock werks wind shield. I had a 4" on my street glide and changed it to the klock werks contoured 6.5". Not much taller but what a difference in how smooth the air flows over the rider.

Installed the Fast Aire 9". Found instructions on the web site as they were not with the package. It said to get the shield warm so it would bend easier. Since it was not gonna get warm here, I placed it on top on my clothes dryer with a towel on top while drying clothes. After about 45 minutes it installed without any problems. I'd say I got my $30 worth after all. :s

I like this thread but have a suggestion. It would be helpful (at least for me) if posters also gave the price of the windshield along with other comments. Thanks.

I like this thread but have a suggestion. It would be helpful (at least for me) if posters also gave the price of the windshield along with other comments. Thanks.
No problem... my FastAire 9" was $30 + $10 shipping... that was mentioned in an earlier thread.

I have a 6" upper curved shield from another manufacturer (blocks wind like a 8" shield) that I am happy with, but it was a long wait and they are much more expensive than this company. Others who have bought from this company that also have one like mine say the quality is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed the Fast Aire 9". Found instructions on the web site as they were not with the package. It said to get the shield warm so it would bend easier. Since it was not gonna get warm here, I placed it on top on my clothes dryer with a towel on top while drying clothes. After about 45 minutes it installed without any problems. I'd say I got my $30 worth after all. :s

I think mine bent pretty easily without heating it up, but it was in a box in the summer for a few days....

I had an 8" Clearview Recurve on my Ultra and it was a little too short for me (and the wife). Bought a 9.5" Recurve and it is absolutely perfect. I asked for a "blem" and got a new shield for $75 and I still haven't found the "blem". Great company, customer service & product. I'm sold, will never buy a shield from anyone else.

Back