free website stats program Shhhhhh! Your in California | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shhhhhh! Your in California

Look at this as a great opportunity to challenge oppressive authority, and spit in the face fascism. This is what makes us freer than any other group in America. Every time I choose to don a non DOT helmet in Michigan, I feel like I have decided to make a stand for my freedom of choice. In America if enough of us decide what is right, they eventually give in. What would be the point of owning a Harley if there was no cause every time you rode? Make the best of it! It just makes every ride more special.

Nice thing is he is trying to decriminalize Marijuanna. Now I not only have to share the road with drunks, people texting, chatting on their cell phones, watching movies, and soon to be many more stoners! Not only that but they won't be able to hear me! Thanks Govenator!

while those nanny statists in kahlifornia are at it, have they listened to the dB level of automobile tires on the interestate? Serioulsy, I'd be interested in knowing exactly what that is, because the shrill coming from those cager tires as I'm either passing or being passed on the interestate, can be deafenning. Even louder than my evil exhaust pipes. I think I'll write the govenator a letter requesting they submit legislation to attack car tires. It would be another issue that would let them exhibit control - they like that control thing - over those nasty nasty car and tire manufacturers - so I'm sure it will get their attention.

What I've read so far about this bill is that you can't be pulled over specifically and only for a noise infraction but can and will be cited for it if you've been pulled over for another offense. So if I get pulled over for speeding or a taillight out or something then and only then can the tack on the pipes infraction. Am I reading this right? It's what was written by ABATE.
WAP.gif
If you go roaring down the boulevard at 60 mph on a Sportster with straights blaring...just hide and watch. You will be pulled over and cited for "excessive noise". Just because your bike was manufactured in 1950 or 2010 will not make any difference. Probable cause can cover a lot of territory. If you look like you are going too fast and you are making a lot of noise, you will pay the piper. If they stop you for a tail light infraction and happen to notice you have loud pipes too, well, you are going to pay double. The new law does not give older bikes carte blanche when it comes to noise. They will get you the same as they will get you today.

You all make good points but, I have yet to talk to an officer that has pulled over a biker (in california) for wearing a non DOT helmet. And there are plenty of them out there. My thought, keep the noise down and reduce the attention you are putting on yourself. Just another law that will not be inforced here. IMO

You all make good points but, I have yet to talk to an officer that has pulled over a biker (in california) for wearing a non DOT helmet. And there are plenty of them out there. My thought, keep the noise down and reduce the attention you are putting on yourself. Just another law that will not be inforced here. IMO

You must not have talked to any officers from central Calif. because it used to happen all the time. I know a few that have had to go to court. But the Highway Patrol has stopped giving out tickets for non DOT helmets this year. You still have to worry about your local city cop. I agree with Retrop, if you flont it you will get nailed no matter what year your bike is.

Back