free website stats program Shhhhhh! Your in California | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shhhhhh! Your in California

I would not have expected that from Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I guess he forgot about all the noise he created in his movies.

The Governator, I think he might be governed by Mrs. Governator. He has turned out to be the most democratic republican I can remember.
Wasn't he caught and ticketed on his own bike for no helmet not too many years ago?

Flash, new cottage industry: Snake the innards out of stock mufflers and get some performance out of them, leaving the precious markings there in plain sight. :D

It is all about a song by Rush “Red Barchetta” about a boy and his uncle in the not too distant future. They are chased by the man as the joy ride in an outlawed gas engine automobile.

It’s maybe it's a good thing oil companies own the world :D :worthy

I don`t know what is worse to live in, California or this Toxic dump we call New Jersey. Our Governor is going to have everybody in the poor house by the end of his term.

so let me get this straight: the new bikes cant be loud, eventually the old ones also will not be loud. and how many of the number one selling bikes in the usa are quiet (not many IMO). so my final point is, will harley sales and tourisum go down in California where they are already hurting for money?

Smitty901 has some wise words there...even though we escaped the big portion of the Bill that passed removed, it does not mean that in the near future, additional restrictions could be "parsed" in to eventually make the law have teeth for older bikes as well. Value those takeoffs that are collecting dust in your garage...EPA and other info on 'em is REALLY important further down the road.

Do not think for one minute that these restriction will not be applied to older bikes.
They have proven with cars they can a will apply the new laws to them.
And before you give me any of that they can not do that look around they already are.
This is why I have urged those that change their pipes to hang on to the stock ones.
Any time I buy an after market exhaust it will be EPA stamped at least then you have a fair chance in court.

They may or they may not. My plan is the sell my 03, I really don't want to, and upgrade to a newer model Street Glide and not worry about what the state does. At my age I just need a good ride, not a hot rod. I've had my bike 7 years maybe its time for something new.

Back