free website stats program SE Compensator Sprocket | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Compensator Sprocket

Agreed. I saw nothing in the new compensator that could or would require any type of adjustment after the initial installation.
Like I said....What am I missing here????

Your not missing anything. The only POSSIBLE adjustment would be using shims to pre-load the Spring Pack sub assembly and there are no shims available. So there is no adjustment. I could see them CHECKING the preload "adjustment" on the spring pack but if it is too much or too little, now what? To fix it, they must install a new pack,,, it is not something you would adjust. Or it is something you would WANT to adjust.

I really think they just wanted it to "sound good" so you mentally justify the cost of the invoice.

Ya know, we Checked the charging system, checked Brake system, checked front fork circular hysteresis mobile dynamic gyro system.......all for only $35. What a bargain, here is the money.

:p

Your not missing anything. The only POSSIBLE adjustment would be using shims to pre-load the Spring Pack sub assembly and there are no shims available. So there is no adjustment. I could see them CHECKING the preload "adjustment" on the spring pack but if it is too much or too little, now what? To fix it, they must install a new pack,,, it is not something you would adjust. Or it is something you would WANT to adjust.

I really think they just wanted it to "sound good" so you mentally justify the cost of the invoice.

Ya know, we Checked the charging system, checked Brake system, checked front fork circular hysteresis mobile dynamic gyro system.......all for only $35. What a bargain, here is the money.

You sure you don't work at a dealership? :p

It was under warranty didn't charge me anything as for adjusting they just looked at it as I was having starting problems and then replaced the starter. I am under the impression they would have installed the SE comp on my bike from the stock if I didn't already have it.

after reading the posts about the compesator sprocket upgarde by some posts. can some of you that have done the upgrade can you tell me how it is working out so far .

did mine in dec i have found it to stop bang at start up & no rattle from primary..smooth shifting....

Where does the compensator go? In the clutch or on the starter? Is it difficult to install?

It is the part that goes on the motor side of the primary drive. The chain runs on it to the transmission. Not difficult to install with some large sockets, breaker bar and some mechanical skill.

Back