free website stats program Salt Springs 2015 | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Salt Springs 2015

I'm staying nice and warm. It's only 0 here now but warming up to 14 later today. Saturday is supposed to be nice, 30 degrees so I'll be going for a ride. :s

30 or so is nice??? Although now that I have a fairing to hide behind, going to be interesting to see how much colder temps I can survive in.

30 or so is nice??? Although now that I have a fairing to hide behind, going to be interesting to see how much colder temps I can survive in.

You wouldn't believe how nice the bike runs at 30 degrees. It loves the cool breeze!! :D

You wouldn't believe how nice the bike runs at 30 degrees. It loves the cool breeze!! :D

I have a little idea, my 88ci Street Bob runs like a champ when it gets down in the 50's or below. Actually several times I considered buying leather snowmobile mitts to ride in. With the apes, basically the most exposed part of my hand were the fingers up to the second joint. 15 minutes into the ride with good winter gloves on, my hands were completely numb/froze. The upside, my fingers hurt so bad, I didn't even notice if any of the rest of me was cold or not.

I have a little idea, my 88ci Street Bob runs like a champ when it gets down in the 50's or below. Actually several times I considered buying leather snowmobile mitts to ride in. With the apes, basically the most exposed part of my hand were the fingers up to the second joint. 15 minutes into the ride with good winter gloves on, my hands were completely numb/froze. The upside, my fingers hurt so bad, I didn't even notice if any of the rest of me was cold or not.

You should get a pair of Gerbing heated gloves like I have. They keep my hands nice and warm. They plug into the sleeves of my heated jacket, just like my heated pants do! It's hard to beat electric heat. :s

I'm sure looking forward to this get together. We are in #21 Jack if anyone wants the couch just let Jack or me know, first come first serve.

I slept on one of those!! Bring an air mattress or be in pain!! Yes even if you have many adult beverages. I tried both ways. They hurt

Well if you do forget, the first cold ride of the year is a good reminder.

Had to chip ice off my seat at Joes last time

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to chip ice off my seat at Joes last time[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhhhhh the memories!

Lorne, it may not have been a lot of fun at the time but it sure made for good reading back here at the barn.

24 degrees in Mobile this morning..brrr, but 41 for tonight's low. It never lasts very long though:)

Back