free website stats program Rocker noise | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rocker noise

What "these" are you referring to? Pushrods? Lifters? Rocker Lockers? Come on man.:confused:
Yep. You got me. Real good.
Brain fade. Made an assumption. Sorry. Proof read this post.
Rockers lockers. Rockouts. Those babies. That’s what I should’ve said.
You’re actually just the Man to speak to I’m guessing.
Have you used these? They’ve had good reviews in the context of what they’re meant to achieve.
I know some don’t like them because it didn’t fix their noise- but these things are only targeting a specific area.
Appreciate any info good or bad.
Thanks .
Regards
Nick.

biscuit said:
Rockers lockers. Rockouts. Have you used these? They’ve had good reviews in the context of what they’re meant to achieve.
I know some don’t like them because it didn’t fix their noise- but these things are only targeting a specific area. Appreciate any info good or bad.
Thanks .
Regards
Nick.

If the rocker shafts are rotating in the rocker support, the Rocker Lockers will solve the problem but if the noise is from another source, like weak lifters bleeding down, improperly adjusted push rod, push rod making contact with the tube, etc., the Rocker Lockers will not solve the problem. There is a way to tell if the Rocker Lockers will eliminate the noise which requires inspecting the rocker shafts for witness marks. Check out the Rocker Locker video via the below link. About 1:00 in you will see rocker shafts with those witness marks which will be at the end of the shaft. Depending on how long the shaft has been rotating, the witness marks will be different. If you take a look and see any witness marks, whatever noise is being generated from that rotation will be eliminated by the Rocker Lockers. Of course if the noise is coming from another source, that noise will still be there. Inspect the shafts for witness marks before ordering or just install the Rocker Lockers and keep your fingers crossed.:rolleyes:

http://rockerlockers.com/

Thanks Dolt.
I have lifted my Rocker covers and mine are quite loose. Quite “rocky” if I can use a terrible pun!
I wouldn’t describe my motor as noisy as some I’ve heard; but it is noisy.
Now that I know this is really a good thing, I’ll get right into it.

Thanks very much for your normal insightful help.
Regards.

Back