free website stats program Road king shut down | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road king shut down

You can buy the parts for the boards separately. I have a breakdown if you need it with the part numbers.

Thanks Glider but they stay folded down always so it remains invisible. Both boards only got very quick and slight touch downs as I had room left in the turn both times to straighten her up enough to get'em off the road:D I even keep the passenger boards down always so I'm used to it when rollin' two up. They kinda restrict foot movement a little for parking when down but no surprises that way.

This is the deal with me. ICM??? some control module? Anything I can check or to the dealer?

The ICM is quite expensive...and since a similar root cause is a thermal intermittent ignition coil (easily replaced at much lower cost) and CKP sensor, I would go that route first...since it is quite a bit cheaper with those parts in stock at the dealer.

I would get out the ol' heat gun or hair dryer and warm the coil area a bit...(but make sure you properly cool the rest of the bike with a breeze box fan blowing through both cylinders strongly in your well ventilated garage, service area or driveway.:bigsmiley28:

I was referring to the drivers boards not the passenger boards. Just the shell can be purchased separately without buying the whole board which most parts guys don't realize.

When your bike shuts off, is it a complete electrical shutdown where evrything is completely dead? You mentioned that it starts right back up. This happened to me on my 02 FLHTCI and after much aggrivation, I finally had to relocate my main circuit breaker. It would briefly open and then close quickly allowing the bike to restart right away. It was mnounted on the meatl plate in front of the battery and I had to extend the cables and move it to the rear of the battery and secure it there. Have not had a problem in 5 years since doing this

Any more info on shutdown? I have a 07 Roadking Custom & will shutdown when slowing down, clutch in, throttle backed off, shifting down, braking. Dealer can't find anything, only happens once in a while & slowing from 50mph or faster. Restarts right away. Was thinking of replace on/off switch on handle bar to be pro active.

Any more info on shutdown? I have a 07 Roadking Custom & will shutdown when slowing down, clutch in, throttle backed off, shifting down, braking. Dealer can't find anything, only happens once in a while & slowing from 50mph or faster. Restarts right away. Was thinking of replace on/off switch on handle bar to be pro active.

I don't think you will be hearing from BluesMan57 anytime soon. His account was removed.
I would start a new thread and give as much detail as you can.

I replaced the BAS (Bank Angle Sensor) which is part of the TSM/HFSM under the seat next to the battery. Had to have the service dept sync it to the computer. So far so good.

Back