free website stats program Road king shut down | Harley Davidson Forums

Road king shut down

bluesman57

Account Removed
I have a 2006 Road King Custom that shuts itself off while riding. I have had it to the dealer 6 times for this problem . The last time they found a engine code and changed a relay and said it is fixed, well yesterday it shut off again while passing a semi. I want to live to enjoy the bike but needless to say I am quite dissapointed in HD for not finding the problem.Has anyone heard of this happening ? If so please help

More info would help, like how long after 1st start up does this stalling happen, does start right back up and go for how long than it happens again, can you duplicate the stall by doing what. My 03 had a simular condition and I found it to be the connector at the on / off switch on the console was partly unplugged, made sure the connector was clean, put on die-electric grease, and pushedd connector on untill the clip locked, never had the stalling whil riding after that. good luck

Haven't checked the fuel line , but I will,,, thanks

I can ride for hours then it happens. Can't duplicate it and I can start it right away

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked for codes and codes only showed up once, I mentioned the bank angle sensor , but they said it was not that!!!

The same things happened with my 06 Electra Glide Classic. Dealer replaced the injectors and I hav not had the problem since.

Inside 10 minutes you can lift the console up to check the harness to the switch, may not be the cause but I think it needs to be eliminated, than try tapping on the crank sensor when the engine is hot with the handle of a scewdriver to see if the idle changes, sensors when hot can go into an open signal and may cause a stall. going to need to experiment some to find cause, wiggle harness, tap relays, pull fuses to be sure they are clean.

Back