free website stats program Road King or Fat Boy? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King or Fat Boy?

The RK shakes and vibrates some at idle, smoothes out very nicely when rolling. The FB is very smooth at idle, but, to me, has a buzz when rolling. I preferred the RoadKing. All subjective and let it be fun to research and learn as you are doing. Enjoy both the homework and your choice of ride.

So I rode the RK today. Real nice ride, surprisingly light handling. Couldn't get used to the heel/toe shifting so I just toe shifted like I normally do. Rode country roads and cruised at 75 on the interstate for a bit. Even did a bit of rain riding. Now I have to decide if I want to keep or sell my KTM!!!

Pitch the KTM, while it is a good dual purpose type bike, if your riding is on the street and touring, the RK will fill the bill with a more relaxed feel.

Adventure type bikes usually sit way tall and feel "bouncy" because of the long travel susspension setup for whoops and mixed trail and street riding. I never felt "relaxed" being on my tip toes all the time riding them...when I enjoyed "scamblers" going to college in my eh...younger years.

Back