free website stats program Riding glasses | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding glasses

Unless you need prescription riding glasses their is not much sense in wearing glasses that cost much more then $6 IMO.

I have a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses that I have had for at least 6 years that cost over $100. Stylish, fit well, and very dark. They get the job done, however, they are not ANSI approved and don't work well at night (of course). I was at the local dealership a couple weekends ago and purchased a $60 pair of H-D ANSI approved, anti-fog, transition lenses (dark when daylight/clear at night) that work great! A little expensive I suppose, but, I tend to keep a pair of sunglasses for a long time, so in my opinion...money well spent.

Not sure if this is the right place but what kind of glasses do y'all wear when riding. My costas broke and I'm disappointed with their customer support so I was looking at getting a pair of Wiley x's with the weather inserts. Any one have a pair? If so how do you like them.
I've had both and I like my Costas better.

That being said, you will love the customer service from WX. They are very cool to deal with.

I like my Okley Trasitions from dawn till dusk, then I have a set of yellow replacement lenses for the night . These glasses are bulit prof litery they are made of lexan and are used by the Smith and wesson shooting teem.
F.K.

Not sure if this is the right place but what kind of glasses do y'all wear when riding. My costas broke and I'm disappointed with their customer support so I was looking at getting a pair of Wiley x's with the weather inserts. Any one have a pair? If so how do you like them.

I bought a pair of Wiley X AirBorne a few years ago. They have the inserts but I always felt like they were falling off my face when they were in. I took them out and am happy with just the glasses. I figure if I ever need something that fits that close I'll get a pair of goggles. About the only time I have an issue is when there is a strong wind from the side.

I have the Wileys with the changeable lenses (smoke and clear) and the gaskets. They work great for me.

Oakley Jawbone. Designed for bicycle riders (tour de France). Best wind deflecting sunglasses I've ever owned. You can get scrip lenses.

I wear construction safety glasses that I get from a construction safety store. The safety glasses available now a days are very stylish and you can get clear, yellow, or dark tint and they are ANSI impact resistant glasses and you can get some real nice glasses for around $5 or $6 a pair. Big waste of money buying expensive glasses for riding the bike IMO and there is no guarantee that the glasses are impact resistant unless you get ANSI rated glasses.

I'm with ironmark on this. Went to local safety supply, bought Radnor, one clear for night riding, one dark tint for daytime, $4 or $5 bucks each, comfortable and very light weight.

Back