free website stats program Riding glasses | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding glasses

hunt682

Not sure if this is the right place but what kind of glasses do y'all wear when riding. My costas broke and I'm disappointed with their customer support so I was looking at getting a pair of Wiley x's with the weather inserts. Any one have a pair? If so how do you like them.

I'm in need of quality shades also, right now Im using cheap (but good enough) ones from leather-up. I have dark sunglasses, and always keep a pair of clear, and yellow glasses with me.. really love the yellow for dusk / dawn, even in dark they seem to help out.

Very happy w/my Liberty Sport "Chopper" glasses (tinted prescription). Comfortable, contoured (for helmets) and great quality. Whenever these go bad, or my eyes deteriorate, I'll definitely get another pair.

LIBERTY SPORT

I am a long time Costa customer and your right. Since it isn't a family business and foreign owned (I think Cross Pen Co.) now. They have stared selling in sporting good stores and such. The quality is now horrible and the customer service is very poor.
The last pair of glasses I had before Costa was Maui Jim. They had great CS and they were good glasses. I will be going back to them next.
Let us know what you decide, I will be interested in hearing about the Wiley's if you go that route.
Curious did your Costa lenses De-laminate?

No the hinge came loose from frame while I had them around my neck in a store either bad glue or faulty frame material, only had them a year. I sent em back in expecting a replacement pair since they have a lifetime warranty instead they want to charge me 50 bucks to fix em might as well spend another 70 bucks and get some they I can ride and fish with.

No the hinge came loose from frame while I had them around my neck in a store either bad glue or faulty frame material, only had them a year. I sent em back in expecting a replacement pair since they have a lifetime warranty instead they want to charge me 50 bucks to fix em might as well spend another 70 bucks and get some they I can ride and fish with.

Yeah, thats their standard reply now. The local shop I have been doing business with for years dropped the whole Costa line because of poor CS. He told he cant afford for them to treat his customer base that way because his customer base isn't huge to begin with.

Check out Maui Jim

Maui Jim Sunglasses - Official Website

I'm rough on sunglasses and usually lose them in a few months. I generally go with whatever is available at Wal Mart or the HD shop when I need a pair. I go through 4 - 5 a year so don't buy expensive ones.

I have 2 pair of Wiley-X Jakes, one pair is light adjusting, clear enough for riding at night but don't get dark enough for really bright days, I've had them for 4 years and just had to replace the face seal. The other pair is dark polarized and is two years old and holdig up well, they both are very scratch reistant. I will replace them with wiley-x when the time comes.

Kevin

I wear construction safety glasses that I get from a construction safety store. The safety glasses available now a days are very stylish and you can get clear, yellow, or dark tint and they are ANSI impact resistant glasses and you can get some real nice glasses for around $5 or $6 a pair. Big waste of money buying expensive glasses for riding the bike IMO and there is no guarantee that the glasses are impact resistant unless you get ANSI rated glasses.

Back