free website stats program Riding glasses | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding glasses

I have 2 pair of Wiley-X Jakes, one pair is light adjusting, clear enough for riding at night but don't get dark enough for really bright days, I've had them for 4 years and just had to replace the face seal. The other pair is dark polarized and is two years old and holdig up well, they both are very scratch reistant. I will replace them with wiley-x when the time comes.

Kevin
I do the same as you. I do wear prescription glasses. I get the clear, transition glasses at WalMart. Great for when I am going home after working second shift. They also darken automatically during the daytime but I reserve my daytime riding glasses to prescription, polarized, sunglasses that I got from my eye doctor. I was using them initially for when I went salt water fishing but it seemed such a waste to have those quality glasses sitting in a bin with my fishing "stuff" when I could utilize them on a daily basis on my bike. So that is what I now do! :s

I wear construction safety glasses that I get from a construction safety store.

+1 on the safety glasses. I have a tinted pair (which I don't wear much in favor of my RayBan aviators) and a clear pair for night riding, both with those nice little bifocal reading lenses so I can glance down and actually see the numbers on the speedo and tach. Works great. Lasts a long time. If they get scratched in the tourpac or windshield bag, you can polish the scratches with plexiglass polish...or just toss them and go buy another pair without breaking the bank.

I wear construction safety glasses that I get from a construction safety store. The safety glasses available now a days are very stylish and you can get clear, yellow, or dark tint and they are ANSI impact resistant glasses and you can get some real nice glasses for around $5 or $6 a pair. Big waste of money buying expensive glasses for riding the bike IMO and there is no guarantee that the glasses are impact resistant unless you get ANSI rated glasses.

Wiley x glasses ate ANSI rated. Anyways talked to costa today they said that the way I put them on and take them off caused them to brake and they wouldn't cover them. Well threatened to file a complaint against them with the state of Florida customer service what ever it's called, looked it up before I called them. And their whole attitude changed. Needless to say their sending me a new pair of glasses.

Currently I wear sunglasses from the Adventure1 from Liberty Sport that was previously mentioned. I got them from my local eye doctor. I need the bifocal with my sunglasses for my job.

For many years I ordered my biking sunglasses from Welcome To Riders Eyewear! :: High Performance Motorcycle Eyewear The customer service is excellent and the orders were processed quickly. I only had one problem and they responded quickly to help me. I just felt better dealing with my local doctor who took my employer's vision health plan, while Rider's Eye did not participate in my vision plan.

I've had the same two pairs of Panoptix glasses for about 6 years. One transitions and one straight dark. Great glasses same cost as Wiley X (or at least when I bought them they were). I'm in need of new glasses because now I have to wear prescription glasses. Will be checking out both Panoptix and Wiley X. The wife has Wiley X Jakes and loves them. I tried them on and they seemed pretty good. So, I'll see what each one costs in a prescription and let the wallet decide I guess.

My prescription sunglasses and my clear glasses look a lot like K D's tho they both are safety lens quality. I like a tight fit, with out a wind shield I like my glasses to hug my face, I also have snap on side shields but I rarely use them any more

I like the Edge SW116' About $25 at my local HD stealer but I go to local paint supply and with a contractors discount they are about $9.

I wear construction safety glasses that I get from a construction safety store. The safety glasses available now a days are very stylish and you can get clear, yellow, or dark tint and they are ANSI impact resistant glasses and you can get some real nice glasses for around $5 or $6 a pair. Big waste of money buying expensive glasses for riding the bike IMO and there is no guarantee that the glasses are impact resistant unless you get ANSI rated glasses.

Yep, same here except I get mine through work. I wear the UVEX Skyper S1904X w/ gray lens for daytime riding and the UVEX Genesis with the yellow for night or dull weather riding. Nothing fancy and they do the trick.

I know they block the UV rays since after a few days riding I'm looking like an albino raccoon; all white around the eyes with a tanned and wind burnt face. Funny to have the kids fixated with a wide-eyed gapeing-mouth stare when I walk into a restaurant.:newsmile100::newsmile100:

Back