free website stats program Retirement where? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Retirement where?

I'm a Canuck...and in 4 years (give or take) I'll be spending Nov - Apr in the Corpus area...haven't decided if I'll buy a mini-home down there or RV it..haul it by truck with the Harley in the bed...I don't know if I could spend 4-5 months living in a 27-32 ft RV tho. Anyone know what average mini-home go for down there?

new prices are about the same as up north, but you can buy used real resonable, check ebay and craigs list. I would go with a rv. you can have it moved if a storm comes

Texas Hill Country, best place to ride around here. we live in Corpus but head to the Hill Country for the rides.
South Padre Island (Brownsville) area does have beaches like Florida good place to ride to for few days.

I'm kind of like Spade5; native Texan that has no plans to ever leave. Abilene is good if you like wide-open prairie. There's a military base and universities, so you get a good variety of population. For that general area of the state, you might also want to consider Weatherford or Mineral Wells.

If you want to be around more scenic rides nearby, you might look a bit further south. The hill country area is probably one of the most beautiful areas of the state with hills, and several state parks. Lost Maples area of the hill country even gets fall color similar to the New England area. You might consider Kerrville, Llano, Marble Falls, or Fredericksburg.

If you're looking for smaller towns, look into Decatur, Granbury, Stephenville, or Glen Rose. Smaller towns, but within an hour or two of the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Of course, you can't go wrong with the Corpus Christie area. Maybe even consider one of the smaller towns around there like Port Aransas, Aransas Pass, or Rockport.

Just remember, wherever you go , you do not want to be where a hurricane is possible, a tornado is common, or it snows.

I think either TX, AL, or MS would be great places to retire. I've traveled this entire country, Canada, and some of Mexico, but I love my Mississippi. Low cost of living, friendly folks, good cooking, nice golfing, the New Orleans Saints and Tennessee Titans, great SEC football..... As far as riding, easy access to the most beautiful beaches in the country as well as the Smokies and the Ozarks. The Natchez Trace is a great bike ride too. If you want a little longer bike vacation, you can head to the TX hill country (or further). We do get warm in the summer, but we still ride and enjoy it. You can usually ride during the winter months as we get some mild days.

The desert looks like a nice place to retire. small 1 room econo shack, bike outside if i want cooler i ride up into the mountains..

The desert looks like a nice place to retire. small 1 room econo shack, bike outside if i want cooler i ride up into the mountains..

isn't that what a post was trying to tell us a couple months ago about the Phoenix AR area? (I want to say I believe RetiredJake was invovled)

Back