free website stats program Reflectors remove or not ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Reflectors remove or not ?

If you think about it - front/rear reflectors are only visible fm side view so they're actually pretty point-less b/c the only time someone sees them is when you pass by vehicles on side road(s). If there's no state law stating they're necessary - take em off.

When you upgrade to chrome lowers like I did there are no reflectors.
The reflectors come with the chrome lowers from harley, but I would not want them personally on my bike, so I always asked the customer and had them sign the RO requesting us not to install the reflectors because it is a safty issue. If the customer got broad sided by a cage, his or her family would own the dealership and I would have been looking for a job, not to mention not being able to sleep very well at night.

Here, a thought. If you want the clean look but still have night time visibility try this place. Applied Graphics

I got a set of the flame helmet decals and they really POP. I think I'll pull the reflectors off my down tubes and put some black 1" tape on, best of both worlds.

Another way to be a little safer night riding is to own a jacket like Harley's FXRG jacket, all the seams are florescent and show up at night in car headlamps.

Take them off,all three of my bikes,the reflecters were removed,i used dental floss and goobgone,could not find fishing line,,

I took the reflector off of my new Deluxe. Heated it a bit with a hair dryer, then used a piece of nylong fishing string. I cleaned the gummy stuff off with Go-Jo Handcleaner. rkw :)

I'm only taking the reflectors off the side my legs are on when I ride sidesaddle. Hey Chop, do you have your legs on the shifter or the brake side? Man, I hope I never have to see that! hahaha.
WAP.gif

New Thread: Is it OK to ride sidesaddle on a purple bike with reflectors...
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm only taking the reflectors off the side my legs are on when I ride sidesaddle. Hey Chop, do you have your legs on the shifter or the brake side? Man, I hope I never have to see that! hahaha.
WAP.gif

He has to have the feet on the shifter side otherwise he would stay in first forever
That wouldnt be much fun take a week to get to the end of the road

Brian

He has to have the feet on the shifter side otherwise he would stay in first forever
That wouldnt be much fun take a week to get to the end of the road

Brian
My sidesaddle riding began from all the flak I use to get in bars for riding a girls bike (sporty's), you can't fight everybody, and it's all in fun anyways, the best way to deal with teasing is to go along with it, because if you let on it bothers you, you'll get twice as much, now I just pass along the tradition as everyone did before me.
And my legs were always on the left hand side of the bike, I'd just whip my leg over the tank, no hands on bars and it was usually on the interstate or open stretch of hwy with the throttle locked and I would try to get close enough to who ever I was riding beside to give them a big kiss, the cagers going by loved it and I found I could embarrass the biggest, burliest biker, especially if their oldlady intercepted my kiss.

Back