free website stats program Reflectors remove or not ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Reflectors remove or not ?

speedcheck

Should I remove the reflectors on the front sliders and rear struts.. 09 Night Train.

How much of a safety factor do you think it is if I go -ahead and remove them.

What's the best method of removal ?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike

Personal choice, but I like anything that make my ride safer. I dont think that they look that bad anyway.

The government says they must be on at point of manufacture, first thing I do when I get a bike is take them off, didn't like them on my schwinn bike when I was a kid ether, A hair dryer or heat gun on a light setting will soften the glue and you just peel them off. But I don't wear a helmet and I ride sporty's side saddle so you might wait and see what others think about the safty issue.

i used thin fish'n line slide behind the reflector cut thru the tape.any residue left on surface goo b gone will take off, wd 40 works also. bike looks better without. my opinion.

Remove 'em! The bike looks so much better without them. I removed them off the forks with a small screwdriver. You have to be careful not to scratch the forks.

Side saddle...that is an interesting way to pilot a bike Chop...thnk you were talking 'bout your "beautiful woman" out back...:lolrolling

Should I remove the reflectors on the front sliders and rear struts.. 09 Night Train.

How much of a safety factor do you think it is if I go -ahead and remove them.

What's the best method of removal ?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike

I would remove them. In the past I have used a heat gun and dental floss.

Here, a thought. If you want the clean look but still have night time visibility try this place. Applied Graphics

I got a set of the flame helmet decals and they really POP. I think I'll pull the reflectors off my down tubes and put some black 1" tape on, best of both worlds.

My first thought was the same as Matthew's. But then I went to the reflective decal site and think they are a great alternative. I think the black tape placed wherever would work just fine.

Back