free website stats program Rear Shocks Leaking on my trike | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Shocks Leaking on my trike

There are still some dealers who understand customer service. Gainesville Harley has always been one of the good guys. I took an 05RG in for a new set of Avons, when I went to pick it up they had installed Metzlers. The owner knew I lived 80 miles away and said they would have the Avons in the next day. I was OK with that and told him I would have my wife pick me up. He told me to ride the bike home and return the next day for the install. I was at the dealership when they opened and they took the bike right in. Gave me a discount on the Avons and no charge for the install. Needless to say I don't go anywhere else and I tell everyone what a great dealer they are.

Its the small things that count Don. They made a mistake and owned up to it and that is great customer service which is why you keep going back. Unfortunately though it is few and far between especially in Jacks situation with you guys in Florida that can ride all year round you would think all dealers would have the same great attitude as Gainesville. You would think the proper goal of dealer should be to have a lifetime customer than a one time hit and they never return. I am just surprised that in Jacks case they forwarded his corporate response to someone else at corporate, and the someone else is the online purchasing department. Just does not make sense. You used to talk to a customer service Rep and get a reference number that tracked your case. And you would go from there. Looking at link of contacts for Harley, the best part is if purchased at dealer you need to return to dealer. So apparently Harley must be trying to reduce corporate customer satisfaction dollars and put the blame where it needs to go back on dealer. Unfortunately as this is playing out so far for Jack, it almost seems that he can not get the customer support from corporate he deserves to make dealer make his problem correct.......
As Indian grows and becomes more available and wins over more Harley loyalists I wonder if history will repeat it self and Indian and Harley will become neck and neck in the market.

Here is an update, The MOCO does not care, they have advised me to find a new dealer, Are you kidding me. NOW I have to ride 80 miles to Daytona or Gainsville to get service. Also from the NEW service advisor stomping on my brakes the brake lights do not work, there is 1 switch tied in the system linking the front brakes to the rear, The dealer is not accepting responsibility to this. All I can say they have lost me as a customer, may never buy HD again because of this

What a shame Jack.....
As the thread about the Guzzi now along with Victory and Indian they may never put Harley to sleep but do not be so sure that the bite out of the market may really hurt Harley in time...

Update, I have an appointment Sunday with my original service writer, He takes good care of me. It took phone calls and alot of yaking to get this far, Sunday we will see
I have NO brake lights, Not a fuse or bulb problem. There is 1 brake light switch, however I am told in the RS switch half there is a micro switch that cannot be replaced, the whole switch half needs to be replaced. HMMMMM seems to me the switches should be independent, if 1 fails the other should work? Hoping it is not a problem with the BCM

Back