free website stats program Rear Shocks Leaking on my trike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Shocks Leaking on my trike

Hopefully the the guys behind the wall know how to change a shock, and won't be trying to glue the bolt back togeather.
Warranty LOL i would be right back, plus I will inspect the job when I get home. I may make small punch marks on the shocks to identify whether they did indeed replace them ;)

Service writer may need some training and more experience problem is a less knowledgeable motorcycle owner may be poorly served by this service writer and perhaps his line manager should be informed that he is perhaps in need of further training

Brian

Service writer may need some training and more experience problem is a less knowledgeable motorcycle owner may be poorly served by this service writer and perhaps his line manager should be informed that he is perhaps in need of further training

Brian
The biggest problem Brian is that Harley dealers do not pay well for service writers. In 2008 when I worked at a HD dealer I made $10.00 per hour with no commission or incentives. Fortunately for me it was a job of passion dealing with the HD brand and followers. So the cash was not all that important though sales department did treat me well when purchasing my new then 2008 Electra Glide.
For the training which I did a lot of, it is all online through Harley and as long as you receive a high enough score and get a certificate that seems to be all the dealer cares about and you keeping your job......:eek:

I would be surprised if in fact that the dealer would actually have replacement in stock.
Exactly, that is why I asked him to check stock, that is when he said there were TOO many variables, I said NO here is the part number 83480-99, they fit Freewheelers and Tri Glides ONLY

Exactly, that is why I asked him to check stock, that is when he said there were TOO many variables, I said NO here is the part number 83480-99, they fit Freewheelers and Tri Glides ONLY
If its not to late in the day Jack, call parts and ask to check stock and if they have see if they can hold for tomorrows appointment.

If its not to late in the day Jack, call parts and ask to check stock and if they have see if they can hold for tomorrows appointment.
Not in stock imagine that A waste of my time Think I am going to complain to the manager who is also the owner of 3 dealers in town here. It would take 5 days to get them from the MOCO baloney I say

Back