free website stats program Rear Ended @ Stop Light Saturday 7/25 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Ended @ Stop Light Saturday 7/25

Glad it wasn't worse Iron. Hope you heal up fast.
Tuesday I came home from a little ride and told the wife I wimped out. I was at a stop sign and across from me (also at a stop sign) was a gal chatting away on a cell phone. I pulled onto the highway and the gal did as well behind me. When it came time for me to turn left, another car was coming, which means I would have had to come to a stop or nearly so. I could not get the image of that gal on the phone not paying attention so I got over in the right hand turning lane and took a right instead of a left. I have always been watchful, especially when it comes to stopping on the highway, but this is the first time I have actually went out of my way to avoid the situation. After reading this thread, I'd rather be feeling like a wimp than feeling pain (or worse).
Second thing I'd like to add. I have been surfing scoot sites for the last few months just reading. This is the only one that was not loaded with (edited) matches and the only one I decided to join. As a newbie, I really appreciate that.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Also glad you weren't hurt! This is exactly why I installed a blinky brake light. Not saying it would have changed the outcome here, 'cuz stupid is as stupid does, but at least the visibility factor goes up (or one would hope anyway).

I just hate when people try to drive and talk on cellphones. The wife does it all the time. I tell her how I dont like it. She says she can do two things at once. Women can be great multi-taskers but it just scares me. Glad your OK for the most part.

GOD, how I love this place. Too bad the world doesn't work this easy. Get nasty, get gone. Marvelous Idea. Great place, I even bring the kids.....LOL. Keep up the GREAT job. Just love it

It sure would be nice if the world did operate like this :D

We just don't accept some members with an agenda coming on the forum and causing a problem. They don't last too long here.

Thanks for the kind words too, it makes the work involved more worthwhile..:s

Glider,
I understand the edit 100%.
Give an inch...
I appreciate the close moderation of this site and respect the rules.
Thanks.

Glider,
I understand the edit 100%.
Give an inch...
I appreciate the close moderation of this site and respect the rules.
Thanks.

WOW, do you ever have the "give an inch" right. Too bad some others here don't have your ideals. :s

Thanks!

Give an inch?
Responding to this post I stated that I found it not fair that someone’s life was made a ---- (other word for underworld, opposite to heaven)
Within 5 minutes I received a warning for the use of foul language and an infraction. Now I understand that part of the moderation is done by the computer picking up on certain words and that this is done automatically (or so I believe) I therefore sent a PM to Glider to inform him of the fact that I believe the infraction was not a fair one as no insults were made or bad language used and that I felt hurt and insulted by the warning received. Not long after I received Gliders caustic reply which was written in a patronizing and even more insulting tone as the warning itself.
The phrase I used is a common one. The Church and Bible do not shun the word either so I cannot see the reason for all this. Why Glider has gone out of his way to escalate this whole episode is unknown to me and I can only conclude that as a mechanic he’s a brilliant source of information but, as a moderator he does not have the correct approach or communication skills. A man would own up to his mistake but I guess some counter story will now be concocted or this post will be removed the moment it is flagged up. I wanted to make clear how I feel and that I find it shameful to receive this unjustified treatment. Because of this feel I can no longer enjoy the use of this forum and communicate with my friends on it and see no other way out than to remove my account out of protest.
I will end this with wishing you all a good life with many happy motoring Miles/Kilometres ahead. I’m going to miss you all!
And to Glider this: You can proud of your achievement!
Harry

Give an inch?
Responding to this post I stated that I found it not fair that someone’s life was made a ---- (other word for underworld, opposite to heaven)
Within 5 minutes I received a warning for the use of foul language and an infraction. Now I understand that part of the moderation is done by the computer picking up on certain words and that this is done automatically (or so I believe) I therefore sent a PM to Glider to inform him of the fact that I believe the infraction was not a fair one as no insults were made or bad language used and that I felt hurt and insulted by the warning received. Not long after I received Gliders caustic reply which was written in a patronizing and even more insulting tone as the warning itself.
The phrase I used is a common one. The Church and Bible do not shun the word either so I cannot see the reason for all this. Why Glider has gone out of his way to escalate this whole episode is unknown to me and I can only conclude that as a mechanic he’s a brilliant source of information but, as a moderator he does not have the correct approach or communication skills. A man would own up to his mistake but I guess some counter story will now be concocted or this post will be removed the moment it is flagged up. I wanted to make clear how I feel and that I find it shameful to receive this unjustified treatment. Because of this feel I can no longer enjoy the use of this forum and communicate with my friends on it and see no other way out than to remove my account out of protest.
I will end this with wishing you all a good life with many happy motoring Miles/Kilometres ahead. I’m going to miss you all!
And to Glider this: You can proud of your achievement!
Harry

Harry

After replying to your PM and explaining to you that our rules do not allow the use of language on the forum (which you did) and also furnishing the "friendly reminder" link to further try to explain it, I find your replies to me and this post above a very childish way of dealing with your mistake in using language.
The one that made the mistake here is you in the use of language and then acting childish with your replies to me in PM's and also this post. Most adults would simply read the rules over again and not make the same mistake again but you choose to act in a manner that only leads me to believe that you are immature and looking for "special attention" in what you sent to me in a PM. Not only did you choose to post in an inappropriate manner by using profanity which you received an infraction for but now you also broke another rule of the forum which is normally overlooked (calling out a moderator on the forum) but has proven to me the type of person you really are which is childish and requiring "special" treatment/attention which I do not have the time or care to do.
When you joined the forum you checked the box that you read and understood the rules and then proceeded to break them by using profanity. Now you post this in a blatent attempt to discredit me and make yourself look like the injured party here and I do have better things to do than to babysit someone that feels that the rules don't apply to them and go sit and pout in the corner.

Judging from your closing statement "I’m going to miss you all!" I take it that you aren't man enough to just apologize for your mistake and go on from there and I don't care to waste any more time trying to make sense to you about the rules of the forum. After re reading the childish PM you sent me <snip> "Giving me a strike against my name I find, is very unfair and leaves me feeling insulted beyond believe." <snip> I can only conclude that this is not the place for you.

I bid you a "good bye" and hope that your encounters on other forums may be better than you had here and that you follow their rules of the forum.

Harry has been removed from the members list of HDT.

Back