free website stats program Rear Braking Problem | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Braking Problem

Brownfoxx1, I've been looking for such a set-up and haven't found one yet. I think the TG would be a blast through the mountains if you could fit it with a steering brake (dozer steer).

Maybe a second set of small calipers with shorty levers on the bars or something really trick that self activates when you turn the bars past a certain point (the further you turn the harder the inside brake is applied). An adaptation of current traction control systems should not be outside the realm of possibilities. Add a "cruise" and "sport" mode while your at it.

Let me know when you have it ready and I'll be your first customer.

Someone in another forum spoke with Paul Lyndall about his 2010 TG braking problem, even with the new Lyndall rear TG pads installed. Mind you, these pads are Kevlar/carbon fiber and were still not stopping the heavy TG adequately. Mr. Lyndall offered to drill and chamfer both rotors at $100 each (the same as the 11.5" front rotors). At this time, the TG owner has been unable to test his new rotors since he lives in N. Michigan (snowed in for months). If anyone is not concerned about his/her warranty, I would suggest giving Paul Lyndall a call and do his rotor and pad upgrade. Seems much cheaper than the upgrade from Performance Machine.

If it works, why not use it. True the ones from Performance Machine are expensive at the time it was the only item to fill the need. Please keep us posted on the Lyndall Upgrade, I'd like to know how it works so I can share it with others.

I have a 2010 Tri-Glide and the rear brakes are not what you would expect them to be. I just replaced the pads at 7500 miles and they are still not what I would expect. The pads used on the trikes are not the same as used on autos and are much smaller. I believe a little larger pad and rotor would really help this situation. I was told by a Harley parts person that Harley is working on fixing this issue but no fix yet. Something definitely needs to be done. I like my trike but definitely am not happy with the rear brakes. Planning a trip to WA and Oregon next year and am concerned about the brakes!:(

I have a 2010 Tri-Glide and the rear brakes are not what you would expect them to be. I just replaced the pads at 7500 miles and they are still not what I would expect. The pads used on the trikes are not the same as used on autos and are much smaller. I believe a little larger pad and rotor would really help this situation. I was told by a Harley parts person that Harley is working on fixing this issue but no fix yet. Something definitely needs to be done. I like my trike but definitely am not happy with the rear brakes. Planning a trip to WA and Oregon next year and am concerned about the brakes!:(

This has been a l-o-n-g discussion with us owners starting with the '09s. IF there is a fix, I'm sure there won't be a recall.

Brownfoxx1, I've been looking for such a set-up and haven't found one yet. I think the TG would be a blast through the mountains if you could fit it with a steering brake (dozer steer).

Maybe a second set of small calipers with shorty levers on the bars or something really trick that self activates when you turn the bars past a certain point (the further you turn the harder the inside brake is applied). An adaptation of current traction control systems should not be outside the realm of possibilities. Add a "cruise" and "sport" mode while your at it.

Let me know when you have it ready and I'll be your first customer.
The rear brakes on the trike provide the most stopping power. Since its under warranty I'd take it to another dealer for a second opinion. The master cylinder doesn't seem to have the power to push the fluid to the calipers from the way it is being described, almost like the bore is the wrong size.

Back