free website stats program Rear Braking Problem | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Braking Problem

If I'm not mistaken,... your in Florida. Ive a few places to ride to down there. In the future, we'll hook up.

zoood/RJ

Stop here in Jacksonville and we will ride down together:s

Though my brake disc is in the middle. if I in-fact had discs out at the wheels. I too would probably notice brake dust on my rims. Except for the fact that I made these inside wheel covers to reflect the mags to look like more spokes for my trike set-up. However these inside shields I made, will prevent brake dust from accumulating on the outside surface of the mags.

rear_wheel_set-up.jpg

zoood

I like those inserts they look sweet.

Received the 2010 Tri-glide parts book and compaired the rear brake master cylinder part number of the trike to the Dresser and yes there are two different part numbers.
Trike part# 83430-09A
Dresser part # 41763-08A
From these two numbers I would have to say that there has to be two different bore sizes.
Any ideas?

Trike Lady: I was looking at the 2011 Meeting Product Changes and a larger pad size was an upgrade and was retrofit-able for the 11's vs 10's. Larger bore...larger pad...should have improved the situation on 11's. Is that true?

Yes, it will be a great improvement. It would be nice if they made the rotors 11.5" diameter like the conversions use. That should really put a 'Bite' on those rotors. All the hydraulic braking power begins at the master cylinder.

Re: Rear Braking Problem with suggestion

i've got a 09 trike. same problem with rear brakes.
i'd like to do a different caliper on the rear( one that has more brake pad surface area; or try 4 calipers on the rear. one thing that would help would be doser steer for the rear brakes. i.e. have each rear brake have its oun master cyl.and a brake pedal next to the existing pedal. this would help in going around turns, as well as overall stopping distance.
maybe the larger caliper will fit the 09? Aftermarket?

Back