free website stats program Radio software update | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Radio software update

I did this upgrade to my unit, and now when I first turn the radio on, the screen is either blank or is missing information, like the station presets, etc. Turn it off and back on, or change to another function (CD to radio, etc) and everything displays. More of an annoyance than anything, but it should not be that way.

how do you check the radio to find out what version you have?
==========================================================
Click on the link in item 1), in post #7 above. Follow link to instructions.
Note; after reading all the posts in this thread and searching the web, I'm not gonna mess with mine anymore. I don't want to take a chance of "glitching" the system. Mine doesn't do everything others say thiers do, but it plays all modes reliably. :tounge

Yes, I believe the song info comes from the radio station, but you have to have a radio that will decode/display it. I am way far out of my technical ability when it comes to audio and computer stuff but here goes......
1) Go to Harley.com Harley-Davidson USA | General Results
2) In search box at top right of page enter "radio update".
3) Scroll towards bottom of page to HD Advanced Audio System by HK, & select.
4) Select right tab "software download".
Follow the instructions. I must say these are clear and ez to follow instructions. Dr. D., if I did it, the Geico guys can do it, and so can YOU!
The only difference I noticed was at the end, it says the radio will turn off and on twice, then press soft key next to exit to return to radio operation. I only saw the radio turn off once, and I never got the exit screen
The radio takes about 7-10 minutes to complete the operation.

I took a 2 hr. ride today and everything works like normal. Some radio stations display song/artist, some do not. CD and mp3's do not, but I think that's MY download-burn issue. I can't say I noticed any better sound due to this (one post said it was for vox clarity) update, but my sound is a LOT better because yesterday I put some 1/2" sticky foam insulation on the inside of the outer fairing, right behind the speakers. If I wasn't clear on anything, let me know and I will try to 'splain it better. :panic
How come yer pickn' on the Geico guys? I did the download a coulpa months ago and couldn't get it to work, seems I downloaded the file without unzipping it. Just a word of caution "FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS" or it won't work, it ain't like hangn' chrome, you won't be able to just "figure it out".

How come yer pickn' on the Geico guys?
====================================================
Because they are the only "group" I can make a comment about without getting myself in a bind with the P.C.
But maybe I'm a caveman, because not everything displays on mine.

Click on the link in item 1), in post #7 above. Follow link to instructions.
Note; after reading all the posts in this thread and searching the web, I'm not gonna mess with mine anymore. I don't want to take a chance of "glitching" the system. Mine doesn't do everything others say thiers do, but it plays all modes reliably. :tounge

Thanks i will try this tomorrow.

Just for the fun of it, I checked the software version on an 2010 Ultra today.

I see they are up to version 8.22 on the 2010 models.

Sure makes you wonder what the improvements are?

Just for the fun of it, I checked the software version on an 2010 Ultra today.
I see they are up to version 8.22 on the 2010 models.
Sure makes you wonder what the improvements are?
\
============================================
Thanks for that info. Harley likes to use the term "HK advanced audio system", but provides very little info on what the system is supposed to be capable of, like info display, update capability etc.. I tried about 10 of my wifes store bought, newer cd's in mine yesterday, and none display anything other than track #.
For now, I'm gonna be satisfied that all of my functions work. We're leaving on a road trip in the am, and I'm not gonna chance not having tunes!

Last edited:
Back