free website stats program Prescription Sunglasses | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Prescription Sunglasses

Re: Prescription Riding Glasses

No line bifocals have this issue for a lot of people, I can not wear them. Guess it's a good thing I'm not vain about wearing line bifocals, cause that's the only thing that works for me. Like the photographer told me, "If you want a better picture, bring a better face." :D

Words of Wisdom Jake!

Did you call them and work this out with them or just use their return policy?

Everyone: Thanks for all the responses!! Definitely a lot of options!! :D

krazy:

I called them (but it can be done online) and told them I wanted to do a "try on" before ordering the prescription. What they do is bill you (charge to credit card) for the sunglasses and once you return them they credit your credit card back.
The guy I talked to was named Mike.

Re: Prescription Riding Glasses

My wife just picked up a pair of progressive bifocal glasses and loves them
The eye doctor we went to did a great job of lining things up. If they don't you can adjust but it is not right. Hers are wrap around lenses so it is dealing with a curve and all those fun things.

I have a pair I got at Wal-Mart for $30 that have 3 sets of lens with them. Clear , dark tinted and yellow for cloudy days. I took a coupple of old perscription glasses and my drimel tool and made lens to fit perfectly into the back side of the lens. The glasses have foam around the inside to keep dust out but it also holds the scrips in. I can see as good with them as I can with my regular glasses. I even wear them fishing.

I like the way you think. You have inspired me to head to my little shop and get my dremel out and try the same thing. In fact, I am off to do that right now and see if I can make an old pair of glasses into safe riding glasses too. Thanks for the idea. :newsmile108:

Like RickyB said, Mrtn681 really is a clever guy...how many of us have gone thru persciption eyeglasses, tossed or donated them due to frame damage and not lens fault. In my case, most of eyeglasses are glass, and only recently went to plastic low profile eh..."fashionable" ones, as my vision requires coke bottle glass before hi tech plastic thinner lens became available.

Might want to look here for a "parallel" thread regarding perscription sunglasses...

One ingenious poster used a Dremel tool to size lens to fit within a pair of goggles...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/general_h...25978-prescription_sunglasses.html#post237606

Last edited:
I have a pair of the liberty brand, they are the trailblazer model. I got mine through VSP. They are progressive lenses with the photo grey option. Two year warranty on the lenses. Has these nice magnetic pop out pieces that stop your eyes from tearing up. I really like mine. My eye doctor was able to get a few different styles in so I could try them on. Took them out on a high speed run and was sold. See attached photos.

Attachments

• IMG_2609.jpg
    IMG_2609.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2610.jpg
    IMG_2610.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2611.jpg
    IMG_2611.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 12
I have a pair of the liberty brand, they are the trailblazer model. I got mine through VSP. They are progressive lenses with the photo grey option. Two year warranty on the lenses. Has these nice magnetic pop out pieces that stop your eyes from tearing up. I really like mine. My eye doctor was able to get a few different styles in so I could try them on. Took them out on a high speed run and was sold. See attached photos.
So those are transition lenses? They look clear to me. How dark do they get?
WAP.gif

I'll put them out in the sun tommorow and let you see.

Rick

Nice thing is I don't have to carry two pair of glasses. They get dark enough for daytime riding, yet they are clear in dark rooms so I can still see what is going on, or read the govt warning on beer.

Here is a photo of mine outside, with the photogrey activated.

Attachments

• IMG_2617.jpg
    IMG_2617.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a photo of mine outside, with the photogrey activated.

Thanks 03fxsti!! I owe you one :drunk

My appointment is tomorrow so your timing couldn't be better :D

Does the foam snap out eye cups make you sweat much in the summer? We do some heavy duty all day riding and I wasn't sure if they would make me sweat. I did see that they have "notches" so maybe they let air circulate?

Did you get the polycarbonate lens? Did you do the polarized?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really appreciate your help ( my buddy tells me I research things too much :sd )

The inserts aren't foam, they are some sort of rubber, and the notches do allow the air to circulate.
The lenses are poly, non shatter, and non polarized. I really dislike the polarized lenses as they create blind spots, e.g. the speedodometer.
My advice is see if you eye doc can get some of the different style in so you can try them on, some will fit your face better than others.

Back