free website stats program Portland pile up | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Portland pile up

I'm new here so I'll take it easy ,,,
I live in Portland and personally know many members of Brother Speed M/C that were involved in this tragedy.

Please don't jump to any conclusions until the facts come out.
Right now all the brothers from Brother Speed need our thoughts and prayers,,,,

These are great people and friends that are great riders and like most clubs ride in a tight pack.
Why?
Because even with the danger of something like this happening it IS safer to ride in a tight pack most of the time.
This seems odd , but it keeps the cages from squeezing into the pack.

70 mph on I-5 ?? I can tell you that if you are going any slower you will get run over !!!
That is the crusing speed on that streach of highway.

I'll up date you as the facts come out,,,

When we ride, if a cager is in our tails, we let him by. We stagger and if it means a bike at a time so be it. Back off and let em by, why would you want them on your tail or to prevent them from going around? Sooner they are out of there the better. I also stay far enough behind cages to react to any situation, anytime, everytime. I don't trust em.

that to bad .. need to hear whole story ..

But tight pack riding being safer .. not gonna believe that one .. more menacing ill believe that one ..

I do a lot of group rides and we always stagger can a car force its way in sure.. but if god forbid one of us goes down in a 20 person pack your not gonna take down everyone else theres room to move

We do alot of group riding and it's staggered. Always. It only takes one little road obstacle to more one rider into the other. Side by side doing 70mph is a accident I don't want to think about. I watched the video, and If the SUV slammed on his brakes, it looks like it's still driveable. I wouldn't stick around to find out how many bikes I took down.

We see alot of people on the Dallas area try to cut thru the middle of a pack of bikes. Most have no respect for physics or just do not care. They tailgate which is not quite as bad a cutting you off and then locking the brakes up all the way to zero. I never understood it. I have been hit sitting at a stop light by a guy who followed me for over a mile. He stated just forgot I was there. Be careful guys and girls. DW

Latest news out of the Brother Speed clubhouse is that the SUV that caused the wreak intentionally slamed on his brakes!!!!
That is not the SUV in the videos that caused the accident.
The SUV that caused the wreak did not stop !!!

Other then that they are being tight lipped on any other info.

Hopefully someone got a plate# :mgun
Our thoughts and prayers will be for the families of the injured riders.

Last edited:
man thats just wrong! :-( whats wrong with people anyway ? the driver better be lookin over his sholder

Latest news out of the Brother Speed clubhouse is that the SUV that caused the wreak intentionally slamed on his brakes!!!!
That is not the SUV in the videos that caused the accident.
The SUV that caused the wreak did not stop !!!

Other then that they are being tight lipped on any other info.

Wolfdaddy, wishing your friends and other innocent victims well. A terrible thing done by the SUV operator.

What goes around comes around!

ride safe

Back