free website stats program Pledge multi surface | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pledge multi surface

I use the Armor All tire shine, I put it on a foam type paint brush and CAREFULLY apply it to the side walls, keeping it off the tread area.

Irish ... reason for not using it on the rubber ( or anything for that matter ) is everything that is used for shinning up the tires is very slippery, especially the spray on and leave kind, it will soak in and through right on to your tread. A good soap and water with some elbow grease is all I would suggest. Be safe

What do you use on the rubber?? I know some people say that you should not use anything on the tires, mostly because it dries them out, but I like my tires to shine. Anything you recommend to clean the tires, make em shine and protect? I read about a product called aerospace 303??

I use simple green to clean the tires which leaves them in good shape cosmetically and on black walls I use one of the products like armor all or 2002 protectant but never go past the rib on the side of the tire onto the tread area, just do the side wall.

STP tire wipes,comes in a container like wet naps,pull one out and wipe a little on the tires ,then discard the cloth.

Being one of those people that has to try new things I used the new Pledge Multi Surface on the Ultra to-day. WOW its far better then any other Pledge I've ever used before. Easy on, easy polish and a great shine, I love it!

Last edited:
I was teeling a couple of guys at work about using Pledge to shine my bike. They were very doubtful about using it on their bikes until another guy joined in the conversation and stated the he always used Pledge to polish his bass boat. The other guys then decided that if it was good on a bass boat then they could use it on their bikes. You have to love good ol southern logic!!!:shock:shock:small3d011::small3d011:

Glider, I think I'm doing something wrong. :small3d015:
I started using Pledge several weeks ago, and at 1st, I was very pleased with the results. :bigsmiley12:
However, as time went on, I began to notice some significant changes in my bike. :panic
Rather than trying to explain, I decided to enclose a picture, so you could see for yourself.
My question is this....If I start using the new "multi surface" pledge....do you think my ride will revert to it's former self? :33:
I'm really concerned because my oil needs changed and I don't know whether to use a wrench or a wood chisel!!!! :swoon

:rofl
wmc.gif

clean the tires......PLAIN WHITE GOJO!!!!cleans and conditions the tires....i only know this from fooling with race cars(dirt track)gojo is the only thing we could find that would clean the tire with out drying it out.....beleave it or not after you clean a tire with gojo the rubber feels new again

Back