free website stats program Pledge is great cleaner | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pledge is great cleaner

Been using Pledge for as long as I can remember to clean helmet, visor and screen.:D
Never thought to use it on other parts of the bike though, will give it a try.

Have used it for years to clean and, slick up sailplane wings, and no the bugs don't seem to stick to it.
PS: It is about 1/3 the cost of the stuff with HD on the bottle.

A strict regiment here in the north east.As a painter I stick with hand glazes on paint and chrome.They are very easy to apply and designed to hide minor surface imperfections.Every winter the bike is put away with a spray of WD40.After wipeing the rubber and lines dry a hosing of white wall cleaner in the spring reveals not a single rusty bolt.

You can just spray it on the part to be cleaned too.:D

I have never tried Pledge an I usually use Liquid Glass a couple of times a year and just wash bike in between. Can you use this stuff over top of wax or car polish? How about using it over Liquid Glass which is a polymer base (not wax)? I would be willing to try this if it will make bike shine even more than it does now. It sounds like it would be easier too but just not sure about the compatability.

I don't think there would be any down side to use it over what you have been using. I have never found it to be a problem on anything regardless of what was used before. Give it a try on a painted part to find out for sure.

Back