free website stats program Photos - new Tour Pack on FLHX | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Photos - new Tour Pack on FLHX

Looks fantastic Doc!!!! Who did that custom paint? The faded in white stripe on the saddlebag is smooth.

That custom paint job is absolutely amazing! It actually changes the appearance of the bike depending on where and how I park, the angle of the sun, etc. Priceless!

Doc your bike looks great.

These Harleys are funny things. I would like to install a detachable tour pac on mine so it would look more like a FLHX. I have finally come to the conclusion that no matter how you dress them they all look good.

Doc if you find a dummy plug that looks good ,let me know.When I looked at my antennae mount and realized that there were two holes in the tourpak I just put a black rubber cap over where the antennae screws down for now

Doc if you find a dummy plug that looks good ,let me know.When I looked at my antennae mount and realized that there were two holes in the tourpak I just put a black rubber cap over where the antennae screws down for now

Actually, I followed buddybr's suggestion for now and put my old, shorty antenna on the back of the tour pack. Looks a LOT better than that naked silver stub sticking up!

Is the protective film you mention clear or does it come in colors? I guess clear would be best. Do I just get it at any paint supply store? Good idea about the antenna too. Doesn't matter if it's functional, just has to look good!

The film is clear and won't hurt your paint. You may be able to get some at an automotive paint and body supplier.

You can get the stuff precut in kits to about cover your entire bike at Paint Protection for your vehicle. Also known as Invisible Bra. Welcome to InvisibleMask.com Look under "Shop Online" and enter your bike. They also sell different widths of the film by the foot.
:42:

Last edited:
Hey Doc, the bike is looking great. Now, forgive me while I laugh, as you are adding to your bike, hubbie has been taking off of his. :s We decided that we like his EGC better without the tour pack, even if it means I don't get to carry as much of my junk. LOL

His bike by the end of last summer.
HarleyPixSept08008.jpg

Seriously, it is so nice to have the extra storage near the beginning and end of the riding season where you can essentially have 3 seasons of weather in just a few hours. You got the bike looking sweet, aren't you glad you didn't trade it off?

Doc, as for the protective film Id recommend dropping buy a sign shop.Clear vynel is what you want and I wouldnt recomend doing it yourself.Its inexspensive to do but air bubbles can give you fits in the hands of the inexpierienced.Come across body plugs all the time dealing with various cars.Give me a hole spec and I'll keep an eye out.As I said before, I think Im going this route myself so Ill keep the plug thing in mind.

Doc, as for the protective film Id recommend dropping buy a sign shop.Clear vynel is what you want and I wouldnt recomend doing it yourself.Its inexspensive to do but air bubbles can give you fits in the hands of the inexpierienced.Come across body plugs all the time dealing with various cars.Give me a hole spec and I'll keep an eye out.As I said before, I think Im going this route myself so Ill keep the plug thing in mind.

Thanks for all the input but I've decided I'm just going to put another pair of flag mounts on the tour pack and move the flags up there when the pack is on.

Got my tour-pak a couple weeks ago, but my bike is in storage at the dealer. They're going to deliver it on Wednesday and its going to get warmer, so I'll finally get to see it all together soon.

I'm putting the antenna in the fairing too and I'm going to buy a real short stubby antenna to go on the tour-pak just for show.

Back