free website stats program Photos - new Tour Pack on FLHX | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Photos - new Tour Pack on FLHX

Looks factory Doc. Fine job. Seeing the end result is proof it was worth the extra money to do it right.

Try 3M™ Scotchcal Paint Protection Film. It would work great to protect your paint.

Your bike looks great!

I think I would attach a shorty antenna on that bracket, even though it wouldn't be functional. JMHO

Man, I've seen that POTS sign somewhere, just can't remember where! :laugh

:42:

Try 3M™ Scotchcal Paint Protection Film. It would work great to protect your paint.

Your bike looks great!

I think I would attach a shorty antenna on that bracket, even though it wouldn't be functional. JMHO

Man, I've seen that POTS sign somewhere, just can't remember where! :laugh

:42:

Is the protective film you mention clear or does it come in colors? I guess clear would be best. Do I just get it at any paint supply store? Good idea about the antenna too. Doesn't matter if it's functional, just has to look good!

l_069b3548b483c2e05712ebbd1109b046.jpg

Hey Doc. That looks really nice. This is mine on a Electra Glide Standard. I installed mine also. It is not hard to do. I really like the idea of taking it off anytime you want. These King Tour Trunks are huge. Man You can really pack alot of stuff in these trunks. Hey Doc one question. Where did you get that windshield pouch you have on yours. I like that.

Hey, Doc, are the masts on your flags able to un-screw from the bases? If so, you could get 2 more bases to mount to your TP so you could mount the flags in either spot depending on the set-up.

If you want the guards Steve mentioned, let me know. I have a set in the garage that won't fit anything in the garage.

The masts do unscrew but I put a liberal amount of blue loctite on them since I lost one off my Sporty previous to this bike. Guess I could still "convince" them to unscrew and use your idea of dual mounting positions. I'll have to see if the company I got them from sells just the mounting stuff separate.

l_069b3548b483c2e05712ebbd1109b046.jpg

Hey Doc. That looks really nice. This is mine on a Electra Glide Standard. I installed mine also. It is not hard to do. I really like the idea of taking it off anytime you want. These King Tour Trunks are huge. Man You can really pack alot of stuff in these trunks. Hey Doc one question. Where did you get that windshield pouch you have on yours. I like that.

Got the pouch here:

eGlideGoodies

All my goodies came from Zanotti's last week. Assembled everything and took it out on its "shakedown" run today. If anyone's curious what a king tour pack looks like on the back of a Street Glide, here's some photos:

100_0678.jpg

100_0679.jpg

100_0680.jpg

100_0681.jpg

Still have to put some kind of dummy plug where the antenna's supposed to go since I moved that into the fairing. Also have to figure out a way to keep my flags from rubbing and marking the side of the pack. I don't want to move them further outboard since they look perfect when the tour pack is off. Might have to find a way to rubber coat the very top of the staff (that's the only part touching the pack) or get a small strip of tape the same color as the pack and put it under where the flag rubs.

Otherwise I'm thrilled with how it looks and rides!

Looks fantastic Doc!!!! Who did that custom paint? The faded in white stripe on the saddlebag is smooth.

Back