free website stats program Photographers | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Photographers

never use flash. if its to dark to take the picture you are better off with no picture than with a bad picture. i hate flash.:cheers

My wife and i shoot Weddings,Bridals, Boudoir (bedroom Glamour) and Senior pictures in our area. i actually just got back from a bridal shoot on Panama City Beach. if there are any questions i can help with i will be glad to do so.

i guessed i missed the original question somewhere.

a nice trick when using a small digital camera such as a coolpix or cybershot, you know the small fit in your pocket type.

Take a piece of tissue or toilet paper and place it over the flash. this will diffuse the light that comes out and not make it as hash and gets rid of redeye. you can fold the tissue a couple times to give another level of diffusion but usually just one layer is sufficient.

another trick.

always try and get people to look slightly up when taking the picture. especially on heavier people, This helps to stretch the skin on the neck and the face which helps reduce or eliminate the double chin while also tighting up the face and neck therefore reducing the appearance of wrinkles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good tip regarding the tissue over the flash...! Another is when taking pictures of sunsets facing nearby sunlight...or moonlit in the background...override the automatic flash (even use the tissue) to go to manual mode and mandatory flash...it will brighten up the faces of the subjects...the silhouette of the moon or sunlight will take care of itself and faces will be clear and bright.:newsmile108:

Back