free website stats program people don't care | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

people don't care

You go out in temps of 28 in jeans...You must have spent some time in the freezer :D..Im thinking temps of 50 is good for me..I bet you ride in shorts and sneakers when its 50..Have a good ride today .Be safe and wave when you go by.:hii

You don't have a throwaway:s Jap bike!

I have both. I love my Harley - so much in fact that I can't leave it in the garage for months at a time. If there's not too much crud on the road and it's fairly dry - then I'll be out there. If the bike gets mucky - I'll wash it. Then I'll dry it with my Airforce Blaster, then I'll Pledge it or put back on the ACF spray which is a superb anticorrosion spray.

If it eventually gets rusty and rots - I'll be sorry but in the end of the day I bought it to ride it not to shine it and just look at it.

As for the Japenese bike - that live's outdoors under a Stormex - and it's still very clean; it's a durable beast of a thing. I ride it all year round - usually after 11pm at night in all conditions commuting from the airport. That said, we do not get winters over here like you all do in Canada and the mid W and Northern USA, although Brian up in Scotland mightn't agree with me :D

I have both. I love my Harley - so much in fact that I can't leave it in the garage for months at a time. If there's not too much crud on the road and it's fairly dry - then I'll be out there. If the bike gets mucky - I'll wash it. Then I'll dry it with my Airforce Blaster, then I'll Pledge it or put back on the ACF spray which is a superb anticorrosion spray.

If it eventually gets rusty and rots - I'll be sorry but in the end of the day I bought it to ride it not to shine it and just look at it.

As for the Japenese bike - that live's outdoors under a Stormex - and it's still very clean; it's a durable beast of a thing. I ride it all year round - usually after 11pm at night in all conditions commuting from the airport. That said, we do not get winters over here like you all do in Canada and the mid W and Northern USA, although Brian up in Scotland mightn't agree with me :D

I am sure i can tell a few winter stories main roads here are still being gritted every night and the grit in some places is quite deep so when i am on the bike im not testing the full grip of my tyres :p

You guys are die hards..When the snow is gone and the road is dry with not much sand and the temps are 50+ I will ride..I would like to have a jap bike that I didnt have a lot of money in, and then I wouldnt care...I in no way am saying whats wright or wrong...

You guys are die hards..When the snow is gone and the road is dry with not much sand and the temps are 50+ I will ride..I would like to have a jap bike that I didnt have a lot of money in, and then I wouldnt care...I in no way am saying whats wright or wrong...

You know what Mat - you're dead right. My Sportster was not an expensive bike to buy tho' I love it none the less and if I had a very costly highly spec'ed HD, I'd probably keep it out of the way of winter as you do. Smitty always nails it with his "your ride, your choice". My next HD will be a Road King and I want an 09 or later so I'll probably be much more selective about that. I'll keep my Sporty for the other days and when I want to throw the bike through some bends :D. Ride safe

I hope you guys know I didnt mean aneything smart with what I said.. I like All harleys...Smitty is very wright..I to like the Road King..Have a good one.

You know what Mat - you're dead right. My Sportster was not an expensive bike to buy tho' I love it none the less and if I had a very costly highly spec'ed HD, I'd probably keep it out of the way of winter as you do. Smitty always nails it with his "your ride, your choice". My next HD will be a Road King and I want an 09 or later so I'll probably be much more selective about that. I'll keep my Sporty for the other days and when I want to throw the bike through some bends :D. Ride safe

This is where I am real lucky. My xlch is a beautiful bike, but has sat for quite a while. I am in the process of getting all the mechanical squared away, and then in a few years I am going to break it all down again and refinish, chrome and paint every bit of it. Then, it will not come out if there is any type of salt around. Of course, by that time I hope to be living in the Phoenix area, or somewhere like such where road salt is not heard of.
Even my ultra has been in salt, but if you lined it up with a bunch of other bikes that were never in salt, I guarantee that mine would not stand out as being exposed to road salt. If you clean the bike and wax it a few times, nobody will ever notice. Even if they do, so what, I bought it to ride it.

There is definitely more risk with the pot holes and grit, then there is the cages that really aren't looking for you too. But, I also understand the winter can be long and it's hard not to find a reason to get out.

I've got mixed feeling about it really. I know some of that salt brine will get into places the eye can't see. Even a good wash can't get it all.

However, I side more on the admiration for the dedication of still riding when you can. If she rusts out, then buy another and support the MOCO workers that are assembing those beautiful new bikes.

Cheers.

PS. I did sneek out for a quickie once this winter. I'm still itching to sneek out again. But, I do want to wait until the roads are dry and the temps are a bit warmer.

Back