free website stats program Passing lamps wiring | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Passing lamps wiring

I installed HD's 69818-06 kit on my 09 FLHX so the attached instructions might help explain/indicate your wiring woes. Mostly look at figure #5 & #6 which lists the wiring connection points. Pretty much boils down to:

- BLK/PURP/BLU = signal + running
- YLW/GRY/BLK = fairing cap switch & fairing cap harness (#105 in service manual schematic).

I had to buy deutsch pin crimp tool because kit comes w/open pins you'll need to crimp onto wires so they can insert into harness pin positions in appropriate area(s). Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 69818-06.pdf
    464.2 KB · Views: 82
I have now wired them up to the existing plugs from my blinkers. However the lamps still do not come on when switch is activated or the high/low beam switch is turn on or off....

Does anyone have a clue as to what I might need to do to get these lamps working properly? After wiring them up the blinkers work fine its just the lamps do not go on.
There are no extra wires everything is in the exisiting plug that comes stock with my streetglide.

Can you possibly take and post some pictures of your set-up as it is now? That might help in understanding what we are trying to figure out. Just a thought.

My wiring is exactly stock, all I did was place the black and grey wire to the origonal wire harness plug coming out of my fairing.

I need to get to the switch on my fairing panel, I have taken off the ignition switch and unscrewed the two screws but the switch panel that holds the cruise control switch and the passing lamp switch seems to still be stuck in place. Is there inside screws or does that plate that sits under the ignition switch need to come off first...I dont want to break this plate, I am spending enough money already on this project LOL....The plate im speaking of is the plate that says unlock, lock and acc on it. Is this glued on or something?

Once the ign. switch and the two screws on the sides are removed, the fairing cap can be removed by pulling straight back towards the tank to disengage from the mount (Think "C"). Disconnect the mulitlock connector behind the cap and remove the cap.

Breez whenyou say fairing cap what is it you are speaking of....Im looking to take off that bottom piece where the two switches are located....You are saying I need to take off the whole inside fairing to get to these switches?

Ice, ty for the pdf, I have one question for you....I have everything installed, all wires match up with my new lights. Everything was plug and play. But I still do not have the passing lights working yet. I would have thought just plugging everything in would allow these to work with no problem. Any idea what I might have to do to get these lights working.

I have ran straight negative and positive wires from the battery so I know the lights work fine. Is there something I need to do to the switch on my nacelle? Do I need to alter any wires or run any other wires....I would have thought just plugging everything in would work just fine. Apparently not, I have power to the switch, the swithc lights up. All of my blinkers work fine and the alarm works with the blinkers as well. I have tested the lights but I still have no lights yet...Any Ideas?

In looking at a schematic for an '07 UG,should be same or close to yours. Connector#105 A&B,male & female, from your Spot Light switch on the panel.That is item #2 on pg. 3 of the PDF that Iceman24 sent.The Black wire is your ground,Yellow light should tie in the Yellow side of the headlight(low beam). The GY/BK should go to the Spots. I would ck. for 12V. on the Yellow wire,on low beam, at the switch connector(item #2). If 12v there check for 12v on the GY/BK coming out of the switch connector,#105 You can check on the load side of the connector for the voltage. If not there then check the switch side. You should see voltage on both sides if spot lite switch is good.Basically your spots get there 12v from the Low Beam(Yellow wire)side of the Headlight. and supply 12v thru the switch to the spots on the GY/BK. Hence when you switch to High Beam the 12v. is lost to the Gy/Bk wire and no Spots.Hope this helps.
tourbox

so in essence I will have to run a yellow wire up to the switch is what your saying? because all other wires are at the switch.

Breez whenyou say fairing cap what is it you are speaking of....Im looking to take off that bottom piece where the two switches are located....You are saying I need to take off the whole inside fairing to get to these switches?

The piece you are trying to remove that holds the rocker switches is called the fairing cap, #21 in the att. link. Also see #13 grommet, that's what is holding the cap on after the screws are removed. Just pull back & up.

Ronnie's Harley-Davidson's 2008 Harley Davidson Street Bike FLHTC ELECTRA GLIDE® CLASSIC (FF) Parts List

Back