free website stats program Passing lamps wiring | Harley Davidson Forums

Passing lamps wiring

I have recently purchased RK passing lamps and would like to install them on my 09 streetglide.

I noticed the plug end of the passing lights is a huge orange plug and I dont see anywhere to plug this into any wiring in my fairing.

The plug does not look like it will plug into the back of my Acc Switch the runs off my console.

The wires coming off the passing lamps are the same color as my blinker harness wires, however, there are still 2 grey wires that I believe to be for the passing lights where I can not find anywhere to plug these into.

Do I need to buy a special adapter plug for these to work? Or do I need to modify the wires inside the harness to get these to work?

Re: Passing Lamp Aiming

Welcome to the forum. To do it properly, you need the "spot" rocker switch that goes in the left side of the ign. housing (do S.G.'s have the cutouts?). The spot/driving lamps will plug into the switch, and the switch plugs into the wiring harness. Now that I reread your post, I'm kind of surprised that the Acc. plug is different.

Last edited:
Re: Spot/Aux Lights Mod

Hello,

I just purchased a used set of RK passing lamps. I noticed the end wire plug on the lights have a huge orange plug that looks like a USB plug actually with some pin holes.

I would like to hook these up to my 09 street glide, however It seems there is not a direct connect plug for this set of lights. I have noticed the wires on the lights are the same color as my existing blinker wires "Black,Blue,purple". The light bar has two additional colored wires "Grey" which I am assuming these are for the passing lights themselves.

Question is what do I need to do to get this orange plug off the passing lights to work with my existing wire harness without splicing into any of my wires?

Or do I need to splice into the harness to get the blinkers wired and the passing lights wired...

Also I want to make these lights work with the high beam as well.

thanks any info is greatfully appreciated.

Thanks,

I was getting some kind of gliche before. It was not showing me my posts and since I was scrolling through other posts I decided to try my luck again...thanks for the heads up.

Also to Breez3at I do have the rocker panel switch, I pulled off the fairing and looked at the back of the switch. This plug that is attached to my passing lights is huge and would not fit into the back of this switch.

It appears these lights are from an older model bike and they must have changed the plug ends.

My two blinker plugs are very small.

It looks like a 1994 vintage light bar connector. My '07 has a left and right turn/aux connector near each speaker. It it possible that there are unused connectors near your left and right speakers? Or maybe unused wires near there? An '07 "spot" switch connects to GY/BK,Y & B if that helps any. I'm pretty weak in elect. stuff.

I have the existing blinker sockets near each speaker, but I havent found anything that looks remotely like this plug...it kinda looks like a USB plug with very small pin holes around it...roughly 3 holes on each side...I was just thinking of buying the origonal blinker sockets and plugging the existing blinkers in the origonal spot...but then I thought what would I do to ground the passing lights...that would only leave me with 2 grey wires and no ground wire....the total orange plug has the following colors to it....

2 - grey with black stripes on it
2 - black wires "that are the same as blinker plug wires"
2 - blue wires "that are the same as blinker plug wires"
2 - purple wires "that are the same as blinker plug wires"

so if i use all 6 wires just for the blinkers I dont have a ground for the 2 grey wires...there has to be some type of adapter for this ?

Back