free website stats program Other addictions other than riding? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Other addictions other than riding?

We enjoy hot air ballooning, sort of our 2nd jobs. We cut that back this year, but somehow still didn't get much riding in, hmmmm. Our other passion is chilling at our farm in WV.

I still wish I could play the guitar. I have a massive cd collection, all types of music, if I'm not reading the forum here, I am usually working around the house or whatever & there will be music going. Someday, I will be able to play a tune or two. :s

Golf and Bass fishin..was on the tournament trail in my younger years..Ugh just did not pay that well back in the day and only the best got the big endorsement contacts ..and then as Bass Fishin entered the electronic age of TV...man the politics were too much..so settle into just fishin the Midwest region ....The tour had to take a back seat to my real job!..lol working!....to relax..Cow pasture Pool!:D

Last edited:
I love to duck hunt. It is awesome to be out in your hunting hole with a group of friends and the dog watching the sun come up and birds coming in the decoys.

I would not trade 6 walleye for 1 perch.Has no one mentioned,sex,food,gambling,shopping,smoking,risk taking,and anxiety?

Ahhh Wolfshead you hit the nail on the head!!!!!!

what were once vices are now habits!!! That is a Doobie Brothers album name!!!

Yep addicted to good sex, better food, don't really gamble, shop for the harley, smoke camel lights and good medical grade reefer, risks I take are riding 100 mph without a helmet and quad riding (with a helmet go figure) and screw the anxiety if I can help it (that is the wife's department)

I too have a passion for music and guitars. I have a 1991 American Standard Stratocaster (left handed) one of about 500 lefty guitars made in america that year. Black with a white pickguard. I play almost every day mostly self taught by ear I can play those sweet Jerry licks pretty good now. I have also built two electric guitars. Both Frankenstein's but they play great!! I have been teaching myself to play the bass now for about 5 years. Once I master the bass and the guitar, the piano will be next. By that time I should be about 97 years old........

The other addiction I have is for the music of the Grateful Dead!! Jerry has been gone now for 13 years and still sometimes I cry when the mood is right and there are songs to fill the air. We called him Uncle Jerry for a reason, there is still a terrible musical void in the world without him... The rest of the band has their own projects going (Bobby Weir and Ratdog, Phil Lesh and friends, Mickey and Billy both have their own bands too) I have seen them all and still nothing compares to the good old Grateful Dead Machine that ran for 30 years 1965-1995. "You know our love will not fade away" Yes I unfortunately was one of those Deadhead's that had to go get a job in '95...

When not riding we are camping. Digging in the dirt for that elusive nugget or
swinging a detector.

ANOTHER great hobby.....metal detecting!!

I do mine at the beach...got a waterproof, (you can go diving with it...very cool!) Beachmaster. Paid almost a thousand bucks for it but I'm slowly recovering my cost. I've been using it about 2 beach seasons and I've already found over $20 in change! :laugh

Seriously, it's really relaxing to just walk along the beach, swinging the detector, chatting with the little kids and their cute mommies about finding "buried treasure", and every once in a while getting stopped by someone who needs help finding their keys that got buried near their beach blanket. The relief and subsequent smile on their faces, (believe it or not, this has already happened a half-dozen times!), makes that high original price tag seem all worth it!

Good times!

yeeupp

Love to hunt but uncle sam seams to plan my deployments around deer season, bought a brand new mathews bow after my last trip to the sand box and still havent shot it at a deer. Oh well I guess the next thing in line would be deploying with my Marines!! there is nothing better than taking care of my Marines and how PROUD they make me

Back