free website stats program Opinions wanted please | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Opinions wanted please

Riding a dirt bike is the best way I know of to learn how to control the bike, the bigg leap to the street bike is training yourself to avoid all the people who will try to run you over. Trucks aren't trees!!

I Was Like You In A Few Ways--hadn't Ridden In 20 Years--always Loved Harleys-owned Jap And British Bike Before--bought A 2006 Screaming Eagle Vrod From Dealer On The Phone--drove 100 Miles To Pick It Up--drove It Home And Haven't Looked Back Since. Took A Safety Course And Got My License Second Year Of Owner Ship--rode Outlaw The First--it's A Haevy Bike But Has Great Performance--comfortable To Ride--and Handles Beyound My Expectations--with Taht Said I Bought A Completely Rebuilt 1977 Sportster That Was Slightly Customized---love It---ride The Sportster On The Back Roads Never To Far From Home--take The Vrod Anywhere(put Gps On It) Without A Worry Whether I'll Make It Back Or Not--i'm 5'10'' And 200lbs--my Friends Like The Rod As Well And 1 Is Looking At A Night Rod--they Only Made 2000 Of The 2006 Vrscse2 And Don't Know How Many Night Rods They Will Make--good Luck

I bought a 2008 night-rod with the 1250cc engine, its a flat crimson red denim. My brother was so impressed he had to get one but in black denim. We both liked the special but did not want forward controls so the night-rod was the obvious choice. We both would like the pipes to be a bit louder and we are considering sending them in to V-mod.

Get the v-rod. It will only take a few easy rides before you become very comfy with the bike. I bought a sportster for the wife and she was ready to get a big twin in short order (weeks). Couldn't sell the sportster. Must have taken 4 months. I was pissed. I personally went right to a road king after not riding for 12 years. Harleys are very well balanced bikes and handle better than some smaller ones. Pass up the sportster if that's not the one you really want and get the v-rod. You won't be sorry.

As I look around the forum and the bikes that members own, I notice there are a large amount of 07 bikes here. Take a trip to the dealers and they also have the floor covered in 07 bikes too. Makes me wonder what the production numbers were for 07's.

You may be on track there it was cheaper for me to buy my 07 EGC demo with full warranty than an 06 ultra with no warranty. I looked for months and this seems to be the case all over U.S. and Canada.

My wife road on the back of my electra glide for two years than wanted to get her own bike. She took the Riders Safety course and passed. We went right out and got her a fat boy. Keep in mind that she is only 5' tall and could abarely touch the ground. In 3 months we had left that summer she logged 6000 miles and has turned out to be a great rider. I would take the course!! I had ridden quite a bit before I got the electra but must admit it was a great course for me as well.

IMO, the most important factor with any motorcycle purchase is feeling comfortable on the bike. You don't want to do "tippy-toes" at the stop light, nor do you want your knees to be eye level when you are cruising down the highway. You need to hit a dealer (or two) and spend time sitting on the individual machines. The safety course is a must. It will get you started in the right direction. If you aren't certain what you want, go the used route. Just make sure that you have a general idea of what the used bike you're buying is worth, so that when you trade up, you loose as little as possible. In my experience, you can adjust to the weight and horsepower of a machine as long as you don't ride beyond your limits. Good luck!

VRSCDX model (night rod Special) 2007 first year the production numbers are low , Dealers were offered only 2 DX s per dealership by the MOCO, I dont know what the exact numbers were but I think it was between 1500 and 2000 units, I own a 2008 DX ,and after getting aqainted with the dx I did not really care for the foward control set up not because of comfort ,but because it has very good rite out of the box power and in order to really get agressive with the bike you really need a mid control set up, but if you are just in it for more of the cruise factor , the stock setup is fine but you might want to change out the handle bars to get you in a more suitable cruise position ,but I think at 6ft 2 the stock set up will work better for you then it did for me being I am shorter, there are a few aftermarket setups to get you in the mid position , or you can go the wey I did buy buying all the oem parts for a mid control model vrod ,its not a big deal to do, and although the bike is a 600 lb machine it feels lighter then a Sportster,But I do think the sportster will make a better first bike ,just because the Vrod needs to be ridden in a much higher rpm range then a Sportster and it will take you longer to make progress on your riding skills. I would go sit on both and try to get a feel also you might want to sit on a AW model and see how that feels compared to a DX it will give you a good idea about what I mean changing the Bars . Good luck.

Back