free website stats program oil test done! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

oil test done!

I'm betting your sample comes back with high silicon in the product....Unless you have used a sealant that is in constant contact with the oil....

I'm hoping that also.
Is that 0 or 9 on your results sheet for silicon. Man, you have some good numbers. With 4,000 miles on the oil to boot.

Its a 9 for silicon. With a universal average of 9. I was surprised when they suggested stretching it out to 6K next time!

The bulk of my Silicon was in the original oil & additive. My used oil tested at 14 PPM. The virgin oil came in at 9 PPM so my net is really 5 PPM for silicon. I am ok with that but I ordered a pre-filter sock from Outerswears. Going to give that a try and see if that will lower it more.

Attachments

• Zero Miles.jpg
    Zero Miles.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 13
The bulk of my Silicon was in the original oil & additive. My used oil tested at 14 PPM. The virgin oil came in at 9 PPM so my net is really 5 PPM for silicon. I am ok with that but I ordered a pre-filter sock from Outerswears. Going to give that a try and see if that will lower it more.

Thats good news. Almost had to be with it that high......

Color me "RELIEVED"!

Thank You for keeping us updated. It looks like the test didn't take very long. That's good too!

Cheers!
Ferrous

Back