free website stats program Oil Temp Gauge Installation | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Temp Gauge Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking for an alternative place to mount an oil temperature sending unit on a 1993 EGC. there's no additional screw in hole in the oil pan as later models do. I dont want to install it in the oil pan. Most likely just before the oil cooler it's self. Like splicing into the oil line. Any suggestions? Also would prefer a gauge , oil filled and smaller than the typical in dash mount of the fairing. My inner fairing is the older type. There's other places in the fairing that I can cut into and install the gauge.

zoood

Well I just had mine installed this past Saturday and the HD Dealership. Works great. I think this should be a must instead of the air temp gauge.

29384_1474351947565_1496692437_31185663_7693216_n.jpg

Now that the hole next to the drain plug is used...I guess that the SCAVENGER line has nowhere to go??

Can't you just take the temperature sending plug out after you've drained the oil and then use the scavenger system as designed? The temp sending plug shouldn't be a permanent installation, is it?

Now that the hole next to the drain plug is used...I guess that the SCAVENGER line has nowhere to go??

Except for disconnecting the wire, removing the temp. sensor on my bike is no harder than removing the original allen plug.

Can't you just take the temperature sending plug out after you've drained the oil and then use the scavenger system as designed? The temp sending plug shouldn't be a permanent installation, is it?

Yes. If he is installing an oil temp gauge, some of the kits use that pipe plug hole in the tank for the location of the sending unit. The HD oil filter adapter that comes with the oil cooler is another spot that can be used for the oil temp sending unit too. All depends on what his set up is.

TQ

You could T it off the oil sender and run the line neatly up JMO:s

My 98 Ultra (EVO) consisently runs around 120 - 140 degrees on a 110 degree (High Desert) day at 70/75 mph up hill. The reading is from a ditgal dip stick temp gage. I run a oil cooler as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back