free website stats program Oil Reports From Members | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Reports From Members

Also to add tho this, as long as the oil used meets or exceeds the HD oil specs, there isn't any problems using other brands.

I just purchased 2012 FLHTK "great bike". I do not want to use the HD oil nor do I want to void my warrenty. Has anyone seen any information on using other than HD oil? I asked my local dealer, no clear answer. Thanks in advance!!

Harley cannot dictate what oil you use as long as the oil meets or exceeds the recommendations and you keep good records and receipts there will be NO warranty issues

A wrench friend of mine just told me to not use Mobil 1 V-Twin formula and only use the automotive Mobil 1 due to additives in the v-twin formula. His specific comment was about friction modifiers.

Thoughts/opinions?

A wrench friend of mine just told me to not use Mobil 1 V-Twin formula and only use the automotive Mobil 1 due to additives in the v-twin formula. His specific comment was about friction modifiers.

Thoughts/opinions?

I have used Mobil 1 V-Twin for years and have had no issues with it.

The guy I got my bike from was using 20/50 everywhere. I put Redline Shockproof Heavy in the trans and immediately had smooth shifting and quiet running.

Thoughts/opinions?

The automotive formula will not have the protection package your air cooled engine needs

I use Valvoline Premium Blue Diesel 15w40 diesel motor oil, and been doing it since 15k miles, and got 75k miles on it. I change the oil and filter every 3k, and it's been ticking like a clock.

I keep an eye on my oil temp, and it rarely gets above 175F, unless it's over 90F out. Usually 150F is where it's at.

I don't pay much attention to it, because it's been working all these years. I just ride it!

Up to roughly 30k miles I changed the clutch out to a Barnett heavy duty clutch, with the heavy duty spring, and Barnett did not recommend using Formula+, so I changed to Drag Specialties. That's been working great too. No complaints.

Only reason I changed the clutch was because of the brass rivet issue with the center plate. Mine wasn't worn, but I was just nervous about it.

I forgot what I use for the forks, but it's 20wt. I got the progressive 2" drop in kit, and that's been super. I change out the fork oil once a year. I don't even need to jack it up because I got the removable centers on my fork caps. No fuss.

Back