free website stats program Oil Reports From Members | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Reports From Members

Still using Mobil1 15w50 in engine.
RedLine Heavy in trans.
Took out the Mobil1 0w20 in primary. Had 3000 miles no problems, put in Mobile1 4T10w40 in. It states for wet clutch use. Feels exactly the same with NO clunk going into gear.
wilks3
:USA

H D dino 20/ 50 Formula plus, Run Rite synthetic 75-140 in the tranny I get it free @ work and it does not clunk:s

On Many of the motorcycles I have owned over the last 50 years, the best oil I found and Kept using on many of them,,, WAS all Redline products... Fully synthetic.

Redline 20/50 ------------Engine
MTL primary -------------Primary
Shockprooff Heavy ------Tyranny**

**Never ever Any that is Never ANY metal on the magnetic Tyranny plug..

good stuff...

signed....BUBBIE

Crazy thing.:D They are air cooled motors that expand at different rates and are designed in most temps to use a 20/50 oil.

At 1,000 Syn 3 used at dealer servicing. Starting at 5000 used proper Spectro for all 3 holes. At 10,000 changed to Mobil 1 in engine and still using Spectro in trans and primary. I believe I have found the perfect combo
of oil products because the last 10,000 miles the bike has run and worked so smoothly it has only added to the riding pleasure. I have reused my oil choices at 15 and 20 thousand service intervals...

I just purchased 2012 FLHTK "great bike". I do not want to use the HD oil nor do I want to void my warrenty. Has anyone seen any information on using other than HD oil? I asked my local dealer, no clear answer. Thanks in advance!!

I just purchased 2012 FLHTK "great bike". I do not want to use the HD oil nor do I want to void my warrenty. Has anyone seen any information on using other than HD oil? I asked my local dealer, no clear answer. Thanks in advance!!

Read this:

Harley Davidson Community

I've read that they have to provide the oil at no charge to you if they claim any other oil would void your warranty.

Back