Votes: 18 1.6%
  • Hastings Filter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mobil Filter

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • OTHER (Please specify)

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
I have used the amsoil filter for some time now and amsoil rates ther filters at 15 microns, maybe the HD filter is what I should be using, any thoughts?

There's a reason why Harley specked the filters at 5 microns. I use only HD filters.

K&N are 20 micron
Amsoil is 15 micron
Pure one is 22 micron

Why would it be restrictive if the system was designed for the 5 micron to be used.

Im just thinking of smaller holes, You know like blowing through a straw compared to a water hose. Can a 5 micron flow as good as a 15 or 20 micron?

check out the filters at gopurepower.com that is what I use on both my bike and my KW, I buy an extra media so have a clean element when changing oil + filter, rinse the dirty element in solvent and put it through a couple of cycles in the dishwasher with the dishes.:yes

I for one seriously doubt any oil filter that claims 5 additional HP by using that filter. I also notice that nowhere do they mention the micron rating of the filter. 5 Micron is suggested by HD for the TC engines, I don't see how a reusable filter with a cleanable mesh element could filter out the harmful contaminants that would do the damage to the engines.
If I remember correctly, I believe this filter is a 35 micron rating.
The smallest particles most popular "full Flow" filters capture with high efficiency are sized 25 to 40 Microns, depending on the filter brand.

After reading everyones opinions here I'll stick to my HD chrome filter:)

Back