Fits '80-'98 FLT, FLHT, FLHR,
or

63805-80A
hd_spacer_e204.gif

Long BLACK, spin on
hd_spacer_e204.gif

Fits '80-'98 FLT, FLHT, FLHR,
hd_spacer_e204.gif

I used a K & N filter on my 2004 Sportster after it was out of warranty. I really liked the 17mm nut on the end. I did notice that the chrome finish on the K & N was not as nice as the HD filters. I will be sticking with the HD filter on the new Fatty.

Heck, after reading the link that Glider posted, I'm going to try and find myself a Purolator(cross ref). It has the anti-drain back and the pressure relief valve in it!! I'll paint the thing the same color as my bike. All for less than 1/3rd the cost of a HD stealer!!--- Put me in some Mobil 1 syn V-Twin motor oil, some spectro gear oil in the tranny and some uh------lets see I don't know what to put in the Primary yet--maybe have to go with the HD formula +(any suggestions out there?----Good thread and posts. Lots of insite!!

Will do Glider!----Hey, if I can find the cross reference Purolator filter, I'll buy an extra and cut it in half, will do the same with the old HD-63798-99 filter and compare their innards. Will post my results if I think it to be useful.

The biggest problem with amsoil products is getting them, especially on the road if you need some while away from home. The popular brands are available in most auto supply houses or at a HD dealer.

You can get amsoil at truck stops pliots,ta,loves

You can get amsoil at truck stops pliots,ta,loves

Nothing like a $200.00 oil change, Welcome to CANADA where HD is two Hundred Bucks. But amsoil is a great product. Is the Screaming Eagle brand as good? Who knows but the Chrome Filter from HD is a must.

Is the Screaming Eagle brand as good?
Not IMO, it's not a full synthetic but rather a hydro cracked dino oil that has been modified. For the same price or cheaper, I would go with a full synthetic oil.

Back