Votes: 18 1.6%
  • Hastings Filter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mobil Filter

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • OTHER (Please specify)

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
You're right about the molly in the motor oil Glider. The more molly the better the oil.
I use the Amsoil 30 Micron oil filter as a rule but do use the HD 30 micron sometimes. I stay away from the 5 and 10 microns. Heres my thinking on this. The smaller the number the smaller the holes in the filter material. The smaller holes mean less oil goes thru the filter and more goes to by-pass. Just my thinking but I'd rather have more of my oil being filtered each time around.
As far as Amsoil being hard to find. I just order four cases and enough filters for one year, for all my vehiles. (You can pay $20. per year and get it at dealer cost.) Then when I'm ready to hit the road, I have plenty on hand.
for what its worth, Mac2000HS

I run a napa filter because they meet or exceed oem specs. The other thing is napa puts food on my table being that I work there, and the closest harley dealer is 20 miles away gas being over three dollars a gallon and all.

Just did the oil thing, used K&N filter 15 dollars, Mobile1 oil, $36,, peace of mind, priceless, for every thing else theres mastervisaamerexpres.:cheers

Just did the oil thing, used K&N filter 15 dollars, Mobile1 oil, $36,, peace of mind, priceless, for every thing else theres mastervisaamerexpres.:cheers

Is this the first go around with the K&N or have you used it for a while now?

I have always used Fram in everything I own and have never had any problem. Granted I change my oil often but they have always worked out good for me. JMO.

Last year I decided to go the the HD dealer and buy an oil filter. The counter guy points to a self serve shelf. I pick up a black HD filter that looks like it would fit and I ask the counter guy if it would fit my 95 FLHTC. YES IT DOES.. he responded.

I take it home and it dont fit. The mounting hole in the filter was to big for the oil filter adapter on the oil filter mount.

Now to make things worse I have know if this filter is a 5 , 10 or 30 MICRON
filter.

The old filter had a "AA" stamp .

From what I have read so far, I need a 30 micron oil filter for an 80 cc EVO.
Assuming that counter guy is as clueless as I am how do I know which HD oil filter is correct for my application. What am I looking for ??

There is nothing in my HD manual ....checked it twice.

Back