free website stats program oil coming out of tranny breather tube | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

oil coming out of tranny breather tube

I will continue to ride it and see what happens. You would think if it was overfull it would started from day one when I serviced it. Thats the only reason I was concerned a little. Thanks for everyones input and I will see what happens.

I will continue to ride it and see what happens. You would think if it was overfull it would started from day one when I serviced it. Thats the only reason I was concerned a little. Thanks for everyones input and I will see what happens.

I agree with you, and that's why I'm thinking it must be connected to water entering...
Let us know how it fares.

I agree with you, and that's why I'm thinking it must be connected to water entering...
Let us know how it fares.
I could agree water IF he had not just changed the tranny lube... ? was there any water in the old Lube,,,, It will turn a cream or similar color IF water is present when it has be run.. What colors was the drained lube?

I still would like to know "Brand Used" please.. IF not the RIGHT type lube,,, IT May Foam and cause that leak out the tube..

I have NO Idea why it took so long to drip or leak after being run for long time,,, THEN drips found when parked...

I think it Dripped/Blew out all the time it was running/riding....
More LEAKS OUT WHILE RIDING (MOSTLY) but IF it quit dripping NOW,,,,GOOD..

signed....BUBBIE

I am going to re route the hose tomorrow and see what happens. It still shifts perfect and sounds great. Will see in the next couple days if changing the hose routing helps.

That will mask the root cause of the problem. First Troubleshoot the reason why after years of not having a drip, it decides to start dripping. Then after fixing the real reason why it's dripping, make your modes if you want.

IT probably DID leak out while riding like I mentioned ,,, Remember it is Air coming In and Out of tranny thru the tube, Picking up "air" tossed oil,,, a little at a time.,,,,,Just not noticed like NOW on the floor....

I'll still go with It Was Over Filled, Not shown by the dip-stick but Over Full..

Keep us Informed IF it is still seeking its own level.. After IT stops weeping,,, THEN check level for reference and keep it there next fill..

signed....BUBBIE

Put a longer hose on it and see if you can blow into the tranny easy to verify no blockage as this would build pressure and cause a leak, and see if u can run a awl or pic tool in the vent it self:s

It stopped leaking. It only leaked the one day. I am using harley davidson primary and tranny lube. I have not rode it in a few weeks due to weather and then when I did thats when it leaked. I rode after and now it doesnt leak. I dont know, but since its not leaking now I'm riding it. Thanks for everyones input. Very helpful

It stopped leaking. It only leaked the one day. I am using harley davidson primary and tranny lube. I have not rode it in a few weeks due to weather and then when I did thats when it leaked. I rode after and now it doesnt leak. I dont know, but since its not leaking now I'm riding it. Thanks for everyones input. Very helpful

Good to hear have you thought about gear oil for your tranny Oil Suggestions For Harleys - Harley Davidson Community

Just a thought. Are you checking the oil with the dip stick screwed into the tranny or not? Make sure you are doing it the right way. I have done things one way for years and other than just being old. Start doing it another way and wonder why things have changed.

Back