free website stats program Not Happy with Rinehart TD's | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Not Happy with Rinehart TD's

Hey Sharky. Out of curiosity, what head pipes are you running? And how about some pic's if you get a chance?

Stock head pipes.

(And, I'll take some pics this weekend and post them. I'm too busy installing chrome and riding it. I've had it three weeks and have 850 miles on it. No time left for taking photos!)

Scubadog,
You could easily mod any slip-on you like and or the end of the header with the talent of a competent tig welder and a couple hours labor! If I was in your area and still had my Miller Syncrowave 250 I would do it for you for the fun of it!

Tim--06 Ultra with stock header pipes, and SE slip-ons (to loud up hills as well) and don't like the heat, probably will do the mod I am referring to in a few months!

i know its too late now but the should be shot, i had the same problem went to the dealer and no questions asked had a replacment in a week. never asked for the old one back so had the bracket welded and reinstalled original header. the replacment is still in the box as a back up. i know of several people that had the same problem and never had trouble getting it replaced

The True Dual have a stepped header design and end with a larger diameter pipe then the stock setup. The true dual mufflers only work with the true dual head pipes.

Been away fron this forum for a while but here's an update for all you Rinehart TD guys. Rush DOES make a muffler that fits onto the Rinhart TD headpipes. There are multiple baffle opitions to give you the sound you want. Call Jamie or Kieth at Fuel Moto. These guys have forgotten more about exhaust than most will ever know.

Just an FYI on my my last post. I also had a great talk with Kieth at Fuel Moto. He explained that the "bark" or "crack" sound that you can get from the Rineharts is primarily due to the fact that the baffles have no packing at all. So he is sending some of the pro packing material that they use on their Jackpot muffler baffles. He also went over in detail exactly how to wrap the baffles for the best effect. Kieth claims that this mod should take away the "crack" and will porbably lower the exhaust note. Just what I'm looking for. Anyway, I'll do the deed as soon a I receive the material and then report back. If it doesn't get me to where I want to be, then I'll probably go with the Rush slip-ons and the 1.75 baffles.

Those that might be interested in installing the Rush mufflers onto the Rinehart TD head-pipes can see, and hear them, at rushracingproducts.com. They also have a huge selection of custom tips for a custom look. Anyway, just an FYI.

Hey we all go through the same thing. I installed a set of Samson oval mufflers, and now want to go to the TD. I like the sound, they are not as loud as the TD Rhineharts my son installed on his RK. I am trying to find a TD setup I can use with my Samson mufflers without breaking the bank. Good luck and stay safe.:newsmile058:

Try the Bub #7 mufflers,I have the entire Bub 7 true duals and love them, they are quieter than the Rineharts, and look good too! I beleive they use the larger headpipe.

Back