free website stats program Not Happy with Rinehart TD's | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Not Happy with Rinehart TD's

Thanks for the pic of the SE baffle. The SE seems to provide some redirection or interruption of exhaust gas that would . The Rinehart baffles are basically little more than a 2 inch pipe with some holes punched in the sides. Now I'm no rocket surgeon, and certainly not a baffle accoustics expert, but the basic concept of "path of least resistance" leads me to believe that the majority of exhaust and sound is passing straight through a 2 inch open pipe. Just too loud for me when I get on it. I also think it's a slight oversight for Rinehart to not make a quieter baffle that actually DOES make a noticeable difference. I don't mean this to come accross as a complaint. It's my personal problem and I'll deal with it. I just wanted to pass along my experience and opinion as well as to to hear other ideas from the rest of the world.

Is there room for you to wrap a couple layers of fiberglass wrap packing between the baffle and the pipe? I had a dual straight drag pipes (utilizing the 2004 Sporty "hidden" crossover pipe behind the chrome drag pipes) where I put an undersized baffle and had room for fiberglass wrap packing if I wanted to go quieter. Opps saw in a later post your solution...:small3d006:

Back