free website stats program no one home | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

no one home

I put my bike away last Saturday, I usually wait till mid December. For me, it is not so much the cold, but the crazy drivers. It is pretty congested around here and as the holidays get closer and both ends of the commute are darker, I just feel less comfortable. It does seem the drivers are more distracted, and less aware of bikes this time of year.

Those still riding, enjoy, and stay safe.

STILL riding.......... don't let the cold get me down. gonna ride this weekend. central jersey is supposed to be great this weekend. last year i rode my springer classic right to the dealership 12pm about 40 degrees to trade it in.the sales team was waiting for me clapping. my number is 40 degrees. below that, hard to tell with the ice. :57: really dont mind the cold with a windshield

Just moved from Italy to the North East... Was still riding in November in Europe, but now I have nothing to ride...
There were a couple of beautiful days since i came here... If I had a bike I would have definetly gone for a ride cuz the weather was beautiful...

Next Year hopefully

Just moved from Italy to the North East... Was still riding in November in Europe, but now I have nothing to ride...
There were a couple of beautiful days since i came here... If I had a bike I would have definetly gone for a ride cuz the weather was beautiful...

Next Year hopefully

Hi Freddy,

Just shouting out to a fellow NJ rider. You're only a few miles from me.
I play tennis in Old Bridge.

Just got back from a 'short' 200 mile ride today. It was a little chilly this morning but by the time I got home it was 59* and I sweating. lol

The numbskull cagers in NJ act like they're the only ones with a right to drive on the roadways and everyone else needs to just get out of the way.

But, it was a nice day riding the backroads around the Delaware River.

I ride all year, sometimes I have to ride for work. I don't start out on the bike if it's raining or snowing, but do get caught in it sometimes. I wear a snowmobile suit that Harley made in the 90's and Wieder Electric gloves if it's really bad out. Other wise if it's in the
40's I just put on long johns and a thinsulate vest and a nomex firefighter's hood and leather police jacket with a zip out thinsulate liner and chaps and my thinsulate gloves.. But by the time you put all of that on and then drink a large cup of coffee, you realize that now you have to go the the bathroom!

Iv'e been riding in the last few dry day's. I wear a Nomex hood and longjohns and carhart bib overalls and thinsilate vest and Leather jacket with an additional thinsulate liner, thinsulate gloves and wool socks. It's still nippy when the sun ducks in the clouds or starts going down. I will put on the electric gloves next ride. But cold weather riding is fun, and the looks you get are funny. People are mouthing the words your crazy or aren't you cold?
"Ha Ha"

Back