free website stats program no one home | Harley Davidson Forums

no one home

pahunter

Hi everyone.

Have all the riders left the northeast? I'm still riding every chance I get.
What about the rest of you? Ride Safe Doug:bigsmiley23:

Rode from MD to lower PA and Delaware laste week.

Was cold when I left @ 7:00AM (38 deg :newsmile033:), and wondered "What was I thinking"? It wammed up to about 55 degrees by noon time and I had a good time.

I am not too sure if you will see me below 40 degrees anymore. Call me CRAZY, but when I cannot smile anymore because my face is frozen, it stops being fun :D.

Be safe, have fun!

[BNo riders on our streets. I still enjoy ridding till its icy, but cold not for everone MY ride is not long to work But i take long way home. I think ill go for a ride today before my wife gets up. Mid west area :bigsmiley23: [/B]

This is my first year with a bike and I put it up in mid October. Last year we had lots of snow on Holloween. This year it is beautiful. I wish I was still riding.

I love cold weather riding! When you do find another rider on the road, you both know a lot about each other, without ever stopping to talk. I ride year round, down to the lower end of 20 degrees. I also know how to dress for it and I also have the much needed gear to be able to do it without freezing to death. I'll admit, it does take extra time to layer, seal out the wind and cover 99% of all my skin! Below 40 degrees I brake out my electric insoles and gloves! Gerbing makes some great stuff to keep old man winter at bay. After I hit fifty-five, I broke down and electrified my hands and feet. Go ahead and call me a wimp, at least I'm a warm old wimp :beach!!! I'd rather ride a broke down old Harley on a 20 degree day, then to ride in a closed up, warm, new BMW. Call me crazy, but I love riding my Harley. As a matter of fact, I don't own a cage of any kind, so I borrow one on the snow and icy days that I really have to go out. Besides, thats one of the reasons for girlfriends, good for more then one thing I guess.... :small3d014:
:newsmile033: :newsmile018: :newsmile062: :small3d017:

Back in the late '70s I purchased a heated suit from an add in the back of a Hunter's mag. This suit was like a thin snowmobile suit and plugged into a cigar lighter socket. It did not have a thermostat and here in north Fl I had to unplug it when riding around town. This was a one piece suit. It was stolen along with my bike in the early "80s and I've not been able to find anything like it. Anyone up in Wy or N.D. (someplace really cold) know of anything like it?

I love cold weather riding! When you do find another rider on the road, you both know a lot about each other, without ever stopping to talk. I ride year round, down to the lower end of 20 degrees. I also know how to dress for it and I also have the much needed gear to be able to do it without freezing to death. I'll admit, it does take extra time to layer, seal out the wind and cover 99% of all my skin! Below 40 degrees I brake out my electric insoles and gloves! Gerbing makes some great stuff to keep old man winter at bay. After I hit fifty-five, I broke down and electrified my hands and feet. Go ahead and call me a wimp, at least I'm a warm old wimp :beach!!! I'd rather ride a broke down old Harley on a 20 degree day, then to ride in a closed up, warm, new BMW. Call me crazy, but I love riding my Harley. As a matter of fact, I don't own a cage of any kind, so I borrow one on the snow and icy days that I really have to go out. Besides, thats one of the reasons for girlfriends, good for more then one thing I guess.... :small3d014:
:newsmile033: :newsmile018: :newsmile062: :small3d017:
Sounds like me. my wife thinks im nuts gave my truck to my son when he got ajob last month. He can take me to work he needs it to install boilers. ill get by till march , & ride on clear road days

I did a couple hundred miles last Sunday, plus rode every day last week. Expect to put a couple hundred on this coming Sunday, weather permitting.
I don't mind riding in the cold, but NOT in the cold and rain. :small3d002:

Back