free website stats program Nitrogen in tires | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Nitrogen in tires

Not for me as I do all my own tyre changing etc and have a good compressor or two that just do air although I do have a water trap on the outlet which will reduce the moisture content of the air

Brian

Not for me as I do all my own tyre changing etc and have a good compressor or two that just do air although I do have a water trap on the outlet which will reduce the moisture content of the air

Brian

:D I have a dryer on the compressor and 1 on my tool box, I figure double up and drain my compressor each nite

I see the nitrogen thing as a big profit center for service garages. If you google the nitrogen systems you will see that this is how they are sold.

I use it in my tires. I have my own cyclinder and it is no more trouble than compressed air, as for cost I really don't care, look what a new bike cost, if it gives me the warm fuzzies it's worth it. Race cars and planes use it because a tire failure could be catastophic, I think a tire failure on a 2 wheeled vehicle wouldn't be pleasant.

Yes it does, and if you come to my house, I have a fountain in my yard; for $20.00 you can have a drink from it and it will make you younger.

When I used to race I ran nitrogen in the tires. The pressure does not increase as drastically with the heat from abusing the tires. I ran it in the bike for a while and noticed no difference in wear or quality of ride so why bother. JMHO

Because of the 'no air seepage' of nitrogen, use it before storing your bike/car. Tires will stayed aired up through the winter.. etc.,

I've seen claims of 25% better tire wear,which, if true,would be worth it.I figured one a youse guys may have tried it to see.:D

I wonder if the better tire wear would be related to the tires holding pressure better? I do not dispute that nitrogen may hold some advantages over regular air, one of which is that it maintains better. I check my tire pressures each ride, but I would suspect a lot of people don't, and less than that on people who use nitrogen because they believe it would be less maintenance?

Any thoughts from the pros? :)

I wonder if the better tire wear would be related to the tires holding pressure better? I do not dispute that nitrogen may hold some advantages over regular air, one of which is that it maintains better. I check my tire pressures each ride, but I would suspect a lot of people don't, and less than that on people who use nitrogen because they believe it would be less maintenance?

Any thoughts from the pros? :)

Nitrogen does hold pressure better and wards of degradation of the inner liner, that said if you check your pressure regularly and use dry compressed air you will be fine, Nuff said now lets ride:p

Back