free website stats program New Ultra | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Ultra

congrats on the new glide. you got it for a softer ride, right. do get a pump though, as the shocks do leak down over time. i ck my rg pressure every month or so. tomp

Congrats on the new scoot!! Your going to wonder why you waited so long to get an Ultra. Oh and if the wife doesn't love it yet she will :D :D
My wife says it is so comfortable she could fall asleep :newsmile100:

It's so comfortable my wife HAS fallen asleep several times.:D The rear speakers hold her butt in place so she feels at ease.

I have been looking at the Ultra myself. My concern is only being 5'6" that the bike would be too tall and heavy. I know you can make changes to lower the bike but how is the weight with another rider? On my dyna, there is very little difference when the wife rides with me. The Ultra looks sooo comfortable though.

Darindan I'm only 5'7 1/2" and I'm riding it bone stock. I'm flat footed on it,but barely.I'd be a little more comfortable if it was an inch or so lower.I'm not planning on putting a lowering kit on it because I don't want to lose the lean angle.I know I can get more than an inch by having the seat reworked or getting a reach seat.I'm planning on waiting til winter,because its not that big of a deal to me.The Ultra rides smaller than it looks.I know I was a little wary the first time I rode one,but it was no big deal.As far as a passenger,as long as they mind their manners at low speeds you won't have any problems.As big as it is the Ultra is very nimble and well mannered.Ride one you will love it.

Mirc10, good call regarding lowering the seat to improved the reach to the ground with minimum effect on handling. Also may want to rotate bars a bit to improve control and easy reach when turning the bar lock to lock. Makes a big difference in the perceived feel.

From 1 new UC owner to another, enjoy!
I got mine in Dec and Iam still having a ball with or without the wife.

Mirc10, good call regarding lowering the seat to improved the reach to the ground with minimum effect on handling. Also may want to rotate bars a bit to improve control and easy reach when turning the bar lock to lock. Makes a big difference in the perceived feel.

Thanks NEWHD74FAN,may have to look at the bars,although I haven't noticed myself "reaching" while turning .I just might not know any better.LOL BTW the air leak was in the valve stem on the air ride.Dealer replaced it and I'm rolling again

I know you will love it. I have an 09 and now I don't know why I waited so long after they first came out. They are so smooth and stable. They wind may move me but not the bike. Ride safe and enjoy!!

Back