free website stats program New project coming down the pike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New project coming down the pike

I think that there are more private shops that can tune the TTS than the HD SE pro tuner.

Either one can do what you need and the TTS More.:newsmile01:

signed....BUBBIE

I'm hearing that a lot about the TTS.
So the parts I'm looking for are:
TTS Tuner, 255 cam and possibly a new 2:1:2 header.
I've been looking for a low mialage cam but I'll probably get a new one.

Again, any advice in getting these parts is welcomed.

Thanks
WAP.gif

Id suggest if your set on the SE 255 cam go to the 254E. Same bottom end with more pull on top. I did 255's and wished I would of went 254E. Dont get me wrong bike pulls hard with 255's it would be a little quicker on the top with 254's.

Since we are talking about bolt in cam upgrades for the 96" motor, I have to throw in the Andrews 48. Considered the best bolt in cam only upgrade for a Stage I 96" motor by many top tuners. The SE cam profiles have to comply with EPA regs and just don't offer the performance that the aftermarket cams do.:s

Mongo,

IF you are doing 103" and some head work, the 57H cams would do very good job. The 48 IS a good bolt in cam....

MY preference is the 255 FOR ME... The easiest for you or others might be the 48 as It IS a straight bolt in cam, longer duration and will run cooler also.

IF no head work is planned, go that route (48) and it will give you Snap and some early torque BUT not as much as the 255's do...

Yes, CHOICE is tough. I know way back when I was just starting out,,,,,I always thought to Put IN a BIG Cam Only and that is not how it works... ALL the parts need to be in Compliance with each other... Too big of cams and you will have Nothing at all or until you reach 4500 RPM and then it depends on what other things were done to use them BIG cams. LIKE higher compression pistons and Head work.....

good luck on YOUR choice...:bigsmiley8:

USE the BigBoyz charts to see what the compression needed "IS" on any cam choice... I stay at 185 to 195 on all other cams than the SE255...

I'm on a road trip right now or I'd post a link... sorry... California desert DUST so early motel today.... BAHHHHHHHH...

signed....BUBBIE

Here ya go Mongo.

http://www.bigboyzheadporting.com/TwinCamComp.htm

I would agree with Bubbie on the 57 if displacement is increased to 103", with or without headwork. Setup at about 10:1 CR, that cam is a decent performer. Same profile as the 37 which has been around forever but with more lift.

Also agree with Bubbie that the 255 will produce low end torque off idle, a few hundred rpms before the 48. However, the 255 is pretty much all in between 4000-4500 rpms. So, if you aren't looking for much performance above 4500, the 255 might be your huckleberry. The 48 will hang on to the rev limiter but that might not fit with your riding style which should be the basis of cam selection; where do you want or need the power. Always a compromise, can't have stump pulling torque off idle and peak horsepower at 6000 rpms. Gotta look at torque under the curve and match that the where you ride.

I guess you could say that all the parts must have a synergy relation compliance with the bike.
Anyway, I think I'm sicking with my first choice, the SE 255.
btw, just got he TTS Tuner via UPS.
Thanks
WAP.gif

Just called the dealer and asked them to pull and hold the SE 255 cams For me to pick up on Friday.
Man, this is coming together quickly.

Far out!
WAP.gif

Back