free website stats program New project coming down the pike | Harley Davidson Forums

New project coming down the pike

Mongo1958

The new project will be a cam upgrade.
Probably a 255. My 96 Ci should do well with this cam.
If my 2009 headers have a cat then I will gut them. If not, that's a step I don't need to do.
Next is the SE tuner and then the 255 cam plus seals, and what ever else needs to be replaced in there.
I may also get a high flow oil pump too.

Well, there you have it. The new project.
WAP.gif

Sounds like a plan. The '09 headers do not have the Cat in them. They have the 02 sensor near the head and are larger than the '10 and later. I put '09 headers on my '12 FLHTCU because of that( no Cats) when I placed the Dobeck Gen 4.
tourbox

You are the second guy here that has informed me of the cart situation. The service manager at the dealer told me that some have the cat and some don't. It's easy enough to check.
Thanks!
WAP.gif

You are the second guy here that has informed me of the cart situation. The service manager at the dealer told me that some have the cat and some don't. It's easy enough to check.
Thanks!
WAP.gif

I bet it depends on what date the bike was built:s

Thanks!
WAP.gif

Van,

Like I said in PM's.....
The 09 UNLess Calif model has NO catalytic converters in the head pipes OR mufflers.

When you change out to SE255's, make sure you replace the stock Ina's cam bearings pressed into the engine side. Use Timken full cased needle roller style (or who ever owns them now)... under 10$ each...

I'd also use SE slender taper adj. push-rods and gaterman or SnS new lifters.

either lifter will do a good job... NOT the HD "C's"

Actually the cam-plate and the oil pump are the best Right Now in the 09...

signed....BUBBIE

In 09 the domestic bikes didn't have cats, but the international models did.

Your 09 has the "B" lifters in it now. They were the best lifter HD has had made for our bikes... They changed to the "C" lifters and have had a lot of problems with them. Even Scrm'Eagle, I'd stay away from.

I would only suggest New lifters with your new cams BUT IF Your mechanic says the "B"'s are good as new and NO marks on the rollers to ruin the new cams, They can be re used... Heck Many "B"'s will go 100,000 miles and 50,000 is nothing. BUT they need to be checked...

PM me if you run into more problems OR post questions here on the forum...:D

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie,

Thanks, I will stay in touch. I'm not going to do this now. I need to pay a few bills first.

Thanks sagain!
Mongo
WAP.gif

I've bee looking into the tuner that I'll be getting for this project. I've narrowed it down to the SE tuner or the TTS. I'm leaning towards the TTS Tuner.
WAP.gif

Back