free website stats program New HD Touring seat ? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New HD Touring seat ?

Just installed the new HD low seat on my 08 Ultra. It does fit just took a bit of effort to get the retaining screw back in. It is definately more comfortable feeling & sets well. Cant really say its any lower than my stock seat though:( The passenger section seems to be a tad thicker also. But for a 140 bucks total, I think its a heck of a nice seat. I'm leaving for work so it will be 2 weeks before I can give it a test ride. :51:

I have an '09 as well. Have been thinking about getting one of the new seats. I am using a 09 road king seat now, does lower you but seems to move you back more than the original seat. Those that have the new low seat keep giving feed back, and thanks again.

for the price i picked up one, sits lower looks good. a lot better than my original 09 seat. i had my orig seat modified i am evuating both

I just called my local dealer and the parts guy didn't have any info about the seat until I gave him the part #. The price is $154.00 now. Don't have any in stock but can order them. So the feeling is that this seat is 100% better then the original seat.

I just installed one on my 010 CVO Ultra, and it is lower then the sling seat on the CVO. Only rode a hundred miles with it, but so far so good. Wife likes it better then the CVO seat because it tapers up toward the front and keeps her from sliding forward like the CVO seat did. She says it is more comfortable for her. Sure made getting my feet on the ground easier.

Just put the new low seat on my 09 ultra classic this week. Only put around 150 miles on it, so not sure how it will feel after an all day ride but I can tell you it is much better than the 09 stock seat that always felt like I was riding on a hump.

Got mine last week from Chicago Harley 132.00 including shipping. Wife and I went on about a 200 mile ride on good Friday and I we are very happy with it I'm only 5'6" so it helps me alot. And like someone else said you cant beat the price.

One question that I haven't seen addressed here, while the new "low" seat appears to be a tad lower, does it move you back any, stock seat makes me feel like mid controls would like to be a bit further back in the seat...any feedback on this?

I put it on mine and have very little time on it. I can tell you that I feel it does not move you back. It does give about an inch, which I needed, but if anything it gives me the feeling of no further away, maybe a tad closer. Not sure but I am firmly flat footed now. Still may do the Burley shock adjustment to get another inch. Hope this helps. I am curious to hear what others still have to say.

Back